We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flights Bangkok - Koh Tao/Samui

Which Ko Tao hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Zurich, Switzerland
reviews: 2
Flights Bangkok - Koh Tao/Samui

Hi there. I just booked our flights from Zurich to Bangkok for the month of May. Once there, we want to fly to Chiang Mai, then travel on Mekong to Luang Prabang and fly back to Bangkok, before heading down to the islands (Samui/Tao).

Can anyone help with information about this latter part, i.e. what's the best connection, especially to leave Koh Tao back to BKK to return home on the same day? Many thanks for your help. Best regards, Claudio.

Sunderland
Destination Expert
for Ko Tao
reviews: 44
1. Re: Flights Bangkok - Koh Tao/Samui

Hi

Welcome to the Koh Tao forum. There's a section at the top right of the page called "Top questions about Koh Tao" in that section there is an FAQ featuring all the current ways to get to and from Koh Tao. Here's a link

tripadvisor.co.uk/Travel-g303910-c175571/Koh…

I will say I wouldn't suggest leaving Koh Tao on the day you have an international flight, you should leave the day before. Delays aren't too common but can happen and risking your flight home is simply not worth it. Of course if your international carrier has an interline agreement with Bangkok airways you could fly out of Koh Samui and go through departure immigration there.

Nuremberg, Germany
2. Re: Flights Bangkok - Koh Tao/Samui

Check out Bangkok Airway Web-Page. They have Valentines Special Offers, with substantialy discounted fares, but bookable only for a couple of days and limited number of seats.

Ko Tao, Thailand
reviews: 1
3. Re: Flights Bangkok - Koh Tao/Samui

What time does your flight leave BKK? I cant then be more specific with your best connection....

Nuremberg, Germany
4. Re: Flights Bangkok - Koh Tao/Samui

Just in case, here is the link to the Bangkok Airways promotion.

…flyerbonus.com/newsletter/…titf_2013.html

Zurich, Switzerland
5. Re: Flights Bangkok - Koh Tao/Samui

Hi Master Divers

my flight back to Zurich on Swiss leaves on May 24 at 23:25 from BKK.

Thanks for your help.

Kind regards, Claudio.

Zurich, Switzerland
6. Re: Flights Bangkok - Koh Tao/Samui

Hi la0wei

thanks for your advice. The problem with this promo is that we are going to the islands on 05/18 and back on 05/18, so we don't qualify for it. to book our flight to Chang Mai at the beginning of our trip we need a promo code which I can't find. But it seems that Air Asia is cheaper anyway. Can you recommend them as well? Many thanks again. Best regards Claudio.

Zurich, Switzerland
7. Re: Flights Bangkok - Koh Tao/Samui

Hi la0wei, sorry, I mixed up the dates ...

thanks for your advice. The problem with this promo is that we are going to the islands on 05/18 and back on 05/24, so we don't qualify for it. to book our flight to Chang Mai at the beginning of our trip we need a promo code which I can't find. But it seems that Air Asia is cheaper anyway. Can you recommend them as well? Many thanks again. Best regards Claudio.

8. Re: Flights Bangkok - Koh Tao/Samui

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, February 16, 2014