We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Heaven Resort

Which Ko Tao hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
hampshire
reviews: 2
New Heaven Resort

Hi

I'm thinking of booking this place for a few nights in August. Is it totally isolated or can you walk to anywhere with some shops/bars etc?

Also, what is the beach like for sunbathing and snorkelling at New Heaven?

Has anyone stayed there before and can recommend a type of room?

Thanks

Chloe

Winnipeg, Canada
reviews: 73
1. Re: New Heaven Resort

Chloelallen,

I just booked two rooms there for 2 nights in early April. I based it on the reviews here on Tripadvisor, which overall were very good. I focussed on the most recent reviews. We have the Seaview Romantic and Seaview Honeymoon. I can let you know when I return how it was (be back mid April). I will likely put a review on Tripadvisor as well.

We booked it through Sawadee.com. Seemed to work well, and fast. I tried to book directly off their website, but the links don't seem to work. I sent them an email, but got no response..We'll see soon enough!

Balks

hampshire
2. Re: New Heaven Resort

Thanks Balks

That sounds good. I would like to be able to book the honeymoon room but don't think our budget will allow it, so it will probably have to be a seaview romantic room. From their website it's difficult to tell how much of a seaview you really have.

Anyway, I hope you have a great time and share your experiences when you're home please!

Winnipeg, Canada
3. Re: New Heaven Resort

Hi again..We just returned. I will do a review of New Heaven soon, but for now here's some information.

The seaview romantic and honeymoon both have excellent views of the bay. Nice to watch the sunrise in the morning. The rooms are very nice. They have a hot water set up, but it never really got hot, but in the heat that was just fine. The honeymoon had an open air bathroom that looked out into the bay (while you showered or sat on the loo). There was a curtain to pull if you choose, but really you aren't that exposed..and who really cares??!! But, they have this fruit tree that hangs over the deck and drops small berries all over the deck and into the open bathroom. They get stuck on your feet, and tracked inside..and guess what follows..ants! It was a bit of a pain. Our friends stayed in the romantic and it did not have that problem. One note is it's over 100 steps up to get to street level from both of these units. It can be tiring in the heat if you do it many times a day. Also, the power went out several times so the air conditioner didn't always work. They ended up giving us a discount for the night we had no A/C. The beach is nice. Small and private. It's seperated from the other sides by big boulders. People do hike over, but usually to get to the main beach. So there is privacy and good swimming. I snorkelled out at 7am one day when the water was calm and did see several large blacktip reef sharks. It was amazing. After seeing that, it made it all worth it! Hope this helps.

freiburg
reviews: 8
4. Re: New Heaven Resort

Hi Balks,

we booked the family fan bungalow for august there.did you see it and can you tell me something about?How about quality and price in the restaurant?What about snorkeling,many fishes?Thanks

Winnipeg, Canada
5. Re: New Heaven Resort

Hi,

Well we only saw the family bungalow from the outside, and it looked nice, but I can't speak about the interior. Good news is it's halfway down the hill so a shorter walk back up to the road. Bad news is that means it's farther back up from the beach!

It is fairly isolated. There is a small town with a few small shops and hotels, and a beach on the opposite side of the peninsula (Freedom Beach). But the roads are very hilly, and it makes for a tough walk in the heat. I would suggest renting scooters or a car if you stay more than 2 days.

The small private beach is nice for sunbathing. The snorkeling is good. When the water is calm, we saw many fishes just 50m off shore. On the first morning I went out 100m and saw several black tip reef sharks, so I would say that's excellent snorkeling! The second morning was choppy and murky, so not as good, and no sharks.

As for the food. We never ate there. Since we were only there for 2 days we wanted to try different places in town. Lots of good places in town and along Sairee Beach. We had breakfast which was fine.

If I returned, I would probably look to stay closer to Sairee Beach, but maybe on the north end where it's less busy. Then you can enjoy the beach, and walk to many shops and restaurants easily. You could also get boat taxis there easily.

Hope this helps..

Balks

freiburg
reviews: 8
6. Re: New Heaven Resort

Balks,

thank you so much for the quick answer.I hope the situation in Bangkok where we will stay the first days of our trip will change soon.Have good time at home

Giftpflanze

hampshire
7. Re: New Heaven Resort

Hi

I'm still a little unsur e about booking New Heaven. I would like to know how easy it is to get between there and Sairee Beach - say if we wanted to do some shopping or go to a different restaurant one night. Are taxis easy to get? How long is the journey and how much is it likely to cost each way?

I was also considering somewhere at the North end of Sairee Beach but can't seem to find any accommodation similar to that provided at New Heaven. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Chloe

8. Re: New Heaven Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:36 am, October 23, 2010