We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

PLEASE HELP - Is this itinerary impossible?

Which Ko Tao hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne
PLEASE HELP - Is this itinerary impossible?

Hi all,

My partner and I are staying on Koh Tao for 4 nights from 10 - 13 July. On the morning of 14 July we need to depart Koh Tao for a flight from Koh Samui to Bangkok (Suvarnabhumi) in order to make a flight from Bangkok (Suvarnabhumi) to HCMC.

Can anyone please tell me if the following itinerary is unrealistic in terms of making all of our connections with adequate time to collect baggage, check in for the next leg etc:

09.30: Depart Koh Tao pier on Lomprayah Catamaran

11.20: Arrive Koh Samui pier and travel to Koh Samui airport

13.00: Depart Koh Samui on PG134 (Bkk Airways)

14.30: Arrive Suvarnabhumi

15.55: Depart Suvarnabhumi on FD3724 (Air Asia)

17.25: Arrive Hoi Chi Minh City

I have had travel finding info on check in times etc on the various airlines' websites. So any info or advice would be much appreciated. If we need to delay our flight to HCMC we will, but it would be great to be able to avoid that if possible.

Thank you!

Penarth, United...
reviews: 75
1. Re: PLEASE HELP - Is this itinerary impossible?

You may encounter problems to make your connection in Koh Samui at 13.00. We've travelled on Lomprayah from Samui to Koh Tao twice and on all occasions the ferry was running about an hour late. I don't know if this is normal or we were just unlucky. I think the latest check-in on Bangkok Airways is 40 minutes prior to departure so you need to get to the airport for 12.20. It takes anywhere from 5-15 minutes to get your luggage off the ferry and I think it's about a 10-15 minute drive from the ferryport to the airport.

Looking again at your itinerary I don't think an hour and 15 minutes between flights in Bangkok is nearly enough. Although your landing time is 14.30, it takes another 10-15 minutes to reach the airport terminal and then a pretty long walk to the baggage collection point. In fact I think this transfer time is practically impossible. Sorry ...

2. Re: PLEASE HELP - Is this itinerary impossible?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:21 am, December 08, 2009