We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bangkok - Chumphon - Ko tao (Train 39 -22:50)

Which Ko Tao hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Portugal
Bangkok - Chumphon - Ko tao (Train 39 -22:50)

If i came from bangkok to Chumphon in the 22:50 train that arrives at 5:47 do you think i have time to catch de Lomprayah Catamaran that depart from Chumphon pier at 07:00?

Other option is the 19:30 train but i want to stay as much time as possible in Bangkok and arrive as soon as possible to Ko tao.

And from the train station to the Chumphon Pier, how much time does it takes. Can i catch a taxi and how much does it costs?

Thanks

Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Thailand
reviews: 3
1. Re: Bangkok - Chumphon - Ko tao (Train 39 -22:50)

Your problem heading south is that if there is any delay on the train then your trip can be messed up. Trains can run late !

You are cutting it quit 'tight' and I would suggest taking an earlier train or re-look:-

I know many prefer to take the train down in order to try and get some sleep as against taking the Lomprayah bus from Bangkok but perhaps you should think about taking Lomprayah all the way. Note from the schedule appears you will have quite a few hours in Chumphon taking the bus but at least you do not have to worry.

There is the 1930 from Bangkok which arrives Chumphon at 0347.

If you took the 1445 from Bangkok which arrives Chumphon 2147 which is quite a fast one then you could spend the night in Chumphon, lots of cheap places to stay in town, reasonable air-con accommodations. That is another idea.

If the 2250 get's any delay you have a problem !

Lomprayah bus leaves Bangkok 2100, B 950 all the way.

Also if you plan on visitng Koh Phangan and Koh Samui their 'buffet' ticket at B 1,250 gives you Bangkok to Koh Tao, plus Koh Tao-Koh Phangan, plus Koh Phangan-Koh Samui within that one fare.

Portugal
2. Re: Bangkok - Chumphon - Ko tao (Train 39 -22:50)

Thanks Monica4 for your quick answer.

Can you help me with my other post about Dusit Buncha Resort?

3. Re: Bangkok - Chumphon - Ko tao (Train 39 -22:50)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:19 pm, October 19, 2009