We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

here to stay and who to dive with

Which Ko Tao hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Philadelphia...
reviews: 6
here to stay and who to dive with

My husband, myself and our 22 yr old son will be going to Ko Tao in a few days..kinda spur of the minute trip. Where should we stay (would like to keep it under $100 us) and who should they (I don't) dive with? Since I won't be making the dive trips, would like the hotel to be on the water, with a beach...some look very rocky??

Thanks

Bangkok, Thailand
reviews: 8
1. Re: here to stay and who to dive with

Hi Catgirl,

I came back from Charm Churee villa and loved it so much. It is a very very beautiful resort, good food, and located on a private beach with a nice landscape and setting.

We (husband and 5 yr old son) stayed in the beachfront superior (3000 Baht). It was 10 steps from the water; however the room would not fit an extra bed.

If you don't plan to go out from the hotel so much, I'd suggest this one. Lots of fish are just on that shallow water waiting for your pieces of bread. You can see from the photos I put. Just click my name of the left and select Photos.

Otherwise, Coral Grand is not a bad idea. It has a pol and walking to many others things on Sairee beach.

Good luck

seagypsies
reviews: 1
2. Re: here to stay and who to dive with

So where to stay on Koh Tao; you have a variety of different bungalows and resorts on sairee beach but you will be bound to have sleepless nights if u choose this location. There are many resorts in other quieter bays on the Island such as Koh Tao Resort, Sensi Paradise, Charm Churee if you are after all the mod cons such as tv air con etc these are good choices and target a more exclusive clientele. My favourite is Koh Tao Cabana but once again you will be kept awake.

There are over 40 dive centres on the island so take your pick but maybe try staying away from the bigger centres as they just seem to like to pump their students out like they are coming straight from a production line.

There are as well many things to do other than diving my favourite experience was a sunset sailing trip i went on with Island Cruises.

Hope this helps

3. Re: here to stay and who to dive with

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:18 am, September 27, 2009