We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Krabi Klong Jilard Pier to Phi Phi Island Tonsai Bay Pier

Which Ko Phi Phi Don hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Manila, Philippines
reviews: 29
Krabi Klong Jilard Pier to Phi Phi Island Tonsai Bay Pier

Hi everyone :)

Husband and I booked a flight and hotel to Koh Phi Phi Island on March 14-16 of 2014. Our arrival date and time at Krabi International Airport will be March 14, 2014 at 7:30 am.

Is there any way that we can reach Klong Jilad Pier at Krabi just before the 9:00 am ferry trip to Koh Phi Phi Island's Tonsai Bay pier?

Any suggestions and recommendations will highly be appreciated as we would want to maximize our very short stay on the island.

Thanks heaps!

10 replies to this topic
Ao Nang, Thailand
reviews: 1
1. Re: Krabi Klong Jilard Pier to Phi Phi Island Tonsai Bay Pier

It shouldn't be a problem. Krabi airport is very quick, you'll be out with your luggage before 8 a.m., take a taxi and your at the pier in less than 30 minutes.

Manila, Philippines
2. Re: Krabi Klong Jilard Pier to Phi Phi Island Tonsai Bay Pier

Thank you very much for this information. Really appreciate it :)

Manila, Philippines
3. Re: Krabi Klong Jilard Pier to Phi Phi Island Tonsai Bay Pier

One more question though, is it necessary that my husband and i pre-book a ferry ticket from Klong Jilad to Tonsai Bay Pier? We are being offered land transfer and ferry transfer for 2500 baht by a transport service in Krabi named Krabi Spesialisten. Is this fair enough price or should we just go the normal way of taking the taxi to the pier and buying ferry tickets from there.

Thanks!

Ao Nang, Thailand
4. Re: Krabi Klong Jilard Pier to Phi Phi Island Tonsai Bay Pier

This is well overpriced. A taxi to Klong Jilard is THB 500/vehicle and the ferry fare is THB 440/Pax. You can also go to the Nopparathara pier. The ferry will leave at 09:30 h a.m., taxi is THB 600 and the ferry fare THB 450/pax.

Kuala Lumpur...
5. Re: Krabi Klong Jilard Pier to Phi Phi Island Tonsai Bay Pier

is there any transport other than taxi from Krabi Airport to any pier that go Tonsay Bay?

Sydney
reviews: 4
6. Re: Krabi Klong Jilard Pier to Phi Phi Island Tonsai Bay Pier

We are arriving in krabi at 7.30am. Taxi through krabi shuttle to the pier. Andaman wave master (prebooked online) to tonsai.

Ao Nang, Thailand
7. Re: Krabi Klong Jilard Pier to Phi Phi Island Tonsai Bay Pier

You can take the airport shuttle to Hat Nopparathara pier for 150 Baht/Pax. But you have to walk the last 300 m to the pier. The shuttle will not enter the parking area. Don't do it when you're in time constraint. The shuttle makes many stops on it's way.

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 87
8. Re: Krabi Klong Jilard Pier to Phi Phi Island Tonsai Bay Pier

So glad I came across this post! I'm doing the same flight times, but a couple days after you. I'm not pre-booking my ferry ticket. As far as I know, you can buy tickets when you arrive at the ferry port.

Enjoy your trip! :o)

9. Re: Krabi Klong Jilard Pier to Phi Phi Island Tonsai Bay Pier

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:41 pm, November 22, 2014

10. Re: Krabi Klong Jilard Pier to Phi Phi Island Tonsai Bay Pier

Hi guys, planning to fly from Bangkok to Krabi in order to get to phi phi. We're using NokAir, but the fly and ride cost seems quite high based on the above rates you've mentioned. I guess taking a taxi then booking the ferry from the pier would work. Have the prices changed off late? We're planning to go on 16th December. Thanks in advance.

Edited: 11:37 pm, August 08, 2014
Reply to: Krabi Klong Jilard Pier to Phi Phi Island Tonsai Bay Pier
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted