We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bay View Resort - too far from the action?

Which Ko Phi Phi Don hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 3
Bay View Resort - too far from the action?

I have heard so many mixed reports about this resort so I thought I would ask Tripadvisors. Is it any good? Room quality OK? Breakfast OK? Is the hilly nature of the resort a problem? Mainly I was concerned about how long it takes to walk to the Phi Phi Hotel area where all the restaurants are. Some say 10 mins but I get the feeling its much further. If we dont want to walk, are there Thai who have long tails at the resort who can take us down and bring us back and at what cost. While we would like to stop closer in near the "action", our travel agent says the brochures dont list smaller hotels closer in. Another were looking at was the Phi Phi Villa Resort which is nearby ... or is there any real benefit compared to Bay View? Any comments would be appreciated.

Melbourne
reviews: 4
1. Re: Bay View Resort - too far from the action?

Bayview really is only around 10 minutes walk away. It is a combination of 2 resorts, one of which clearly had much newer rooms. If you stay here make sure you are in the newer part which is really nice and only a fraction more expensive, as the old rooms are horrid.

Beacuse it is spread over a pretty large area and is pretty hilly you will have an uphill, windy walk to your room, though they run little carts from reception if you want to wait for a lift to your room. The walk into the village is easy enough but the resort also runs boats to meet ferries etc. which you can jump on for free during the day.

Generally I think it is really good value for money, has a lovely pool and is far enough away to be quiet - some places in the village can be pretty noisy at night. There are a few restaurants and bars on the beach next to the resort too.

Aussie
reviews: 12
2. Re: Bay View Resort - too far from the action?

Hi there,

I sent a message to someone on Tripadvisor that had recently stayed here, as we have booked it for October... this is the reply I got

Hi Mumjo

We were in a grand deluxe villa seaview (actually kind of funny when compared to what we stayed in Phuket - it really was grand, deluxe and seaview and still only USD100/night) but I digress. The GDV (everything has a seaview) were/are all separate but there were a few buildings where two rooms were joined. We were the last last or second last villa on the lowest row - closest to Arayaburi. I'd imagine the view from the highest row would be even better than ours but it was great having nothing but the garden between us and the water. Knowing how thin the walls are i'd go the extra dollars if it's in your budget and get the grand deluxe. Let us know if you want to know anything else.

Other feedback I have had from people that stayed there has all been positive, they just warn you not to expect 5 star, but the views are to die for. I am really looking forward to it, and going with no expectations at all.

cheers.....:)

Melbourne, Australia
3. Re: Bay View Resort - too far from the action?

thanks Mumjo ... are you able to give me any feedback from your friend about the walking distance to the village near the Phi phi Hotel? I am really worried that its a long hot walk. many thanks

london
4. Re: Bay View Resort - too far from the action?

hi - I've styed there 3 times and its great - like the others said, sdon't expect 4 stars, but for location and views you can't beat it. It takes about 10 minutes to walk to the center of phi phi town along the beach, but thats whats nice about it. No noise, beautiful view, and nice basic 9but with air con and tv) accomodation. I wouldn't stay anywhere else.

Aussie
5. Re: Bay View Resort - too far from the action?

Hi again Bam

I think Debbie answered your question, and also one of mine, I was wondering if the walk to town was on the beach or on the hill side... so thanks Debbie.

Bam, everyone I have spoken to said that the hotel is in a perfect location, not too far to the action but far enough away! The only consistent thing I keep hearing is that it is a huge hike to the rooms, but I am still finding it hard to believe that it could be that bad?? Debbie????

How did you find the staff Debbie, cause they also get some very bad feedback, but I just think if you keep being nice to someone they will eventually return it!

Bye for now

:)

Melbourne, Australia
6. Re: Bay View Resort - too far from the action?

thanks to all so far. at least a 10 min walk to the central village seems ok. yes i havealso heard about the steep climb to the rooms, but, like you i think it cant be too bad. I will stay tuned to the discussion in case anyone else can add to the matter. cheers to all

7. Re: Bay View Resort - too far from the action?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 pm, September 06, 2009