We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Phi Phi Island Village – Is Construction Too Much?

Which Ko Phi Phi Don hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cairo, Egypt
Phi Phi Island Village – Is Construction Too Much?

I’m planning on going to Phi Phi Island Village resort mid August 2007. However, I have learned that there’s construction work going there now. Has anyone been there recently and experienced this? Is the construction work too much to the extent that it would ruin our stay there? Where is it exactly? What about the noise?

If it IS too much, what would you recommend as an alternative?

Phi Phi Island
1. Re: Phi Phi Island Village – Is Construction Too Much?

hello, yes there is construction work going on here at the moment but its not that bad.. it could never ruin your stay here on PHi Phi.. its paradise

Its mainly in town at the moment, so that is near the guesthouses, if you are staying in the beach bungalows or hotels you should be fine.

Check out the Phi Phi View Point resort or maybe Phi Phi Villa Resort, have a look at this website for some ideas.

If you need any extra help, feel free I have been living here on Phi Phi for nearly 4 years now so i can offer some inside help.

Happy Travels

San Francisco
reviews: 47
2. Re: Phi Phi Island Village – Is Construction Too Much?

Just got back and it wasn't bad at all! I requested a bungalow as far from the construction as possible and it didn't impact our stay at all (by noise or appearance). However if you are in a bungalow behind the bungalows under construction it would be a huge disappointment.

It is a beautiful resort and would wholeheartedly recommend it.

New York City, New...
reviews: 14
3. Re: Phi Phi Island Village – Is Construction Too Much?

Hi We are staying in the hillside villa the end of october. Should we move to the front of the bungalows instead.

Thanks!

UK
4. Re: Phi Phi Island Village – Is Construction Too Much?

HI,

I'm going to the Phi Phi Island Village in beginning of Dec, and can't seem to find any info re when the contrsuction work will be finished. Does anyone know when it will be finished?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

5. Re: Phi Phi Island Village – Is Construction Too Much?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:18 pm, September 09, 2009