We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferry - airport time

Which Ko Phangan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
colchester essex
Ferry - airport time

My husband and I are hoping to stay on Thong nai pan yai beach this spring. We have a 09.30 flight from Koh Samui on the day we leave. Does it give us time to get to the airport taking into consideration that the ferries don't start until 0700 in the morning? Or would we be best staying in Koh Samui the night before our flight back?

7 replies to this topic
Saudi Arabia
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
reviews: 21
1. Re: Ferry - airport time

Hi,

There is a Lomprayah catamaran which departs from Thong Sala at 07.15 which is scheduled to arrive at Koh Samui at 08.00 (Nathon Pier). I wouldn't chance it, better off spending the last night on Koh Samui.

colchester essex
2. Re: Ferry - airport time

Thanks, yes we are seriously considering an overnight stay in Koh Samui.

colchester essex
3. Re: Ferry - airport time

Do you know how long it takes from pier to airport by taxi?

Saudi Arabia
Destination Expert
for Kanchanaburi
reviews: 21
4. Re: Ferry - airport time

Hi,

I haven't done it years but I think it is about 30-40 minutes. Also, add on another 45-50 minutes for the journey from Thong Nai Pan to Thong Sala.

Rotherham, England...
reviews: 22
5. Re: Ferry - airport time

I'd be VERY impressed if you were able to make your flight. Even if the ferry ran on time and there was no traffic I cannot see you getting there before 08:45. According to Bangkok Air the Domestic Flight Check-in Desk will be closed 40 minutes before departure time.

Ko Phangan, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Ko Phangan
reviews: 2
6. Re: Ferry - airport time

You also have to consider the queue getting off the ferry once in Samui.

I also doubt you would be able to make it on time. Best not to chance it and to stay the night in Samui.

colchester essex
7. Re: Ferry - airport time

Thanks all for the info, we have decided to head back to Samui for our last 4 nights.

Reply to: Ferry - airport time
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted