We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anantara Rasananda - stray dogs

Which Ko Phangan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Antwerp
reviews: 3
Anantara Rasananda - stray dogs

Hello everyone

In many reviews I've read that there are stray dogs on the beach where the Anantara is located. Do they really come and sit next to your beach chair and come into the breakfast area?

Will the management put matrasses on the sun loungers in the nearby future? I can't understand why a 5* property like Anantara doesn't put matrasses on the sun loungers...

Thank you for answering my questions!

Charelle

10 replies to this topic
Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 17
1. Re: Anantara Rasananda - stray dogs

I have not been there yet but am due to stay in June. All the member pictures on TA appear to show mattresses on the loungers. What makes you think there are none? Just curious.

Also don't worry about the dogs they won't hassle you.

Antwerp
2. Re: Anantara Rasananda - stray dogs

Hi Steph

Again :), the matrass issue can be read in a lot of reviews. What I think you saw is just the red towel on the sun loungers.

When will you be staying there? We will also be on Koh Phangan in June for our honeymoon

Melbourne, Australia
3. Re: Anantara Rasananda - stray dogs

Oh, that's interesting, I will have to look at those pics again. That does seem a bit strange!

We are there from 2nd to 9th June. Not on our honeymoon, but going to Thailand with my hubby makes it feel like we are on honeymoon again, such a gorgeous place.

Maybe we might run into each other at the pool bar?!

Melbourne, Australia
4. Re: Anantara Rasananda - stray dogs

They don't have mattresses, you are completely right! I just zoomed in on the pics, it was the towels I was looking at.

Sounds like we are in for a few pins and needles in the behind! I am sure you can ask for extra towels to make it a bit softer?

Antwerp
5. Re: Anantara Rasananda - stray dogs

We'll be on Koh Phangan from 4th until 11th June. Yes, we might indeed run into each other. I'm not going to book a 5 star hotel and put a bunch of towels on my sun lounger in order to make it softer, that's just ridiculous. The hotel should provide matrasses on the loungers for the price you pay!

We are still doubting between Santhiya and Kupu Kupu. If Anantara doesn't put matrasses on the loungers soon, I'm going to scratch it off my list. I'm a beach person and I lie an entire day in the sun, so I want to be comfy :)

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 105
6. Re: Anantara Rasananda - stray dogs

Don't know about dogs but many "upmarket" sun lounges do not have "mattresses". They are made of a woven fabric that is very comfortable.

parterre.com.au/…

Melbourne, Australia
7. Re: Anantara Rasananda - stray dogs

I was looking at those pics again and I think they are the nice wicker ones which are very comfortable without a mattress Ange. It's not like they are the hard solid wood ones.

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 105
8. Re: Anantara Rasananda - stray dogs

I am sure they will be Steph - but will let you know in April

London, United...
reviews: 6
9. Re: Anantara Rasananda - stray dogs

Hi, I had a look at the loungers for you today,they are wooden frame and a mesh type of plastic, so I think they will be ok just with towels.

Hope it helps!

London, England...
10. Re: Anantara Rasananda - stray dogs

There are indeed some stray dogs on the beach but they don't come near and don't bother you. It is still nature:-)

Reply to: Anantara Rasananda - stray dogs
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted