We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Delight Resort -- Please Help!

Which Ko Phangan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
newport beach
Delight Resort -- Please Help!

Has anyone stayed at the Delight Resort? I have been unable to find a review on it. It is one of the only places that would take a reservation in Haad Rin for less than 7 days during the fullmoon party.

Thank you, Brian.

Glasgow, United...
reviews: 1
1. Re: Delight Resort -- Please Help!

I have also booked up for this hotel for the FMP in March, from what I can see it only opened in Sept. Which will explain why it is hard to find reviews.

I took a long time looking at other properties and still feel confident we made the correct choice. It seems to be about 50Metres from the beach, Ideal if you want to be in the thick of it.

It has its own pool and all rooms appear to be overlooking the lake, which my be bad for the old mozzies but with air con rooms this shouldnt be too much a problem.

Plus side being it will be quieter than some properties nearby.

Although it is more expensive I think you will get more for your money (pool etc) and it will save bartering with taxis everytime you want to get to haadrin.

the following link may help with selecting hotels, but most seem to be away from haadrin.

http://kohphangan.sawadee.com/map.html

Good website, and reliable having booked with them a few times before.

Coldo

newport beach
2. Re: Delight Resort -- Please Help!

Thank you for your help. I have come to many of the same assumptions -- I hope paying a little more means a little better service.

I have booked 5 nights at the Delight Resort for the February FMP. I leave in 2 days -- I cant wait.

Are there any particular place (bars/restaurants/etc.) that you would recommend?

Thanks.

Glasgow, United...
3. Re: Delight Resort -- Please Help!

2 days? Magic!

I leave the UK on Sunday. My mate and I will be in Thailand for 6 weeks but dont get to Phangan till 11March.

Ive been twice before and my favorite bar was the Outback bar. 2 mins from the Delight Resort on the main road leading to Haadrin beach. Great food and atmosphere but does get busy around FMP. So get there early for a table.

There are loads of bars lining Haadrin Beach, Dropin, Cactus, Zoom, etc. and you can sit on mats on the beach,very chilled.

Shouldnt take you long to get your bearings.

One word of warning...

Go easy on the Samsong/Coke/Redbull buckets.

You can loose hours if you drink too many, not what you need on FMP night.

Have fun and take it easy!

Coldo

Ottawa & Calgary
reviews: 2
4. Re: Delight Resort -- Please Help!

I agree - take it easy on the bucket combos...they will hit you pretty quick. I was in Thailand a year ago and traveled all around Haad Rin and the rest of the island. You will have a great time!! I can't wait to go back.

Bon Voyage!

Jolene

Glasgow, United...
5. Re: Delight Resort -- Please Help!

Hey Brian, how did you get on at the Delight Resort?

& how was the FMP?

Would appreciate any feedback on the hotel.

Cheers

Coldo

Australia
6. Re: Delight Resort -- Please Help!

I stayed at Delight 2 years ago, I thought it was fantastic for the price. We went there for the full moon party and it was very very central without being noisy. The downfall is that the pool wasn't ready for swimming, however things might have changed now. It is located near a dam and the bugs might be a problem (but they were'nt bad when were were there). I thought it was great!

Australia
7. Re: Delight Resort -- Please Help!

PS the rooms were very clean and modern. The service was friendly. It's a great pick I will probably stay there again when I go to thailand at the end of the year.

8. Re: Delight Resort -- Please Help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:17 pm, October 06, 2009