We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ko Phangan Full Moon Parties/Music

Which Ko Phangan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Seattle
reviews: 1
Ko Phangan Full Moon Parties/Music

I'm going to Thailand in November and am considering going to a Full Moon Party. The only thing that would hold me back is the horrible music that they play. I've looked at a bunch of YouTube videos and they all have the same awful techno music. It's so bland, uninspiring, and mind numbing I can't even see straight. I do like some techno but this just seems like generic party music. Do they have parties that play anything else? Anywhere in the Thai Islands to see music that's not like this? Thanks.

dublin, ireland
reviews: 2
1. Re: Ko Phangan Full Moon Parties/Music

mateo,

Its not actually techno that they play in Thailand - its psy-trance mostly. I'm not really a fan of trance but have to admit that it makes sense on a tropical island the same way as house music is best in a club and techno in a warehouse, trance is best in these surroundings.

The videos on youtube are not a good way to judge the parties in Thailand - as the recorded sound on them is usually terrible. However most of the parties in Thailand have extremely good sound systems in relaity, especially the harmony parties ( half moon festival)- and youtube doesnt do them justice at all.

There are a few places which play other types of dance music - house and drum and bass but its mainly trance. The island survives off these parties and the tourists they bring in.

I'm sure that if you love partying you'd enjoy the parties on KP - no matter what the music, as the atmosphere and surroundings are great.

2. Re: Ko Phangan Full Moon Parties/Music

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, October 03, 2009