We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bungalows near Full Moon Party, but quiet & on nice beach??

Which Ko Phangan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
reviews: 124
Bungalows near Full Moon Party, but quiet & on nice beach??

Hi all,

We're going to Koh Phangan for the November 24 full moon party and am looking for a basic bungalow for 3 nights, under $50 per night.

We would like to be within easy commute to the Full Moon Party, but away from the craziness and preferrably on a beach with great sand and swimming.

What beaches would you recommend that fit the bill? Any specific bungalow recommendations?

I hear that getting a boat back can be a nightmare, so would prefer something within walking distance (20 mins is fine) or a short taxi ride.

Thanks so much for your help!

Scotland
1. Re: Bungalows near Full Moon Party, but quiet & on nice beach??

Hi Blink

Understand My Phangan at Bang Tai (I believe) is within walking distance (although possibly would take up the 20mins stated) within your budget and their superior bungalows are recommended.

The bungalows are I understand on a quiet private beach but unsure if swimming a goer as have heard water is shallow - might be misinformed.

You might want to pull up a map at myphangan website which I think will show the distance from Full Moon Party

New York City, New...
2. Re: Bungalows near Full Moon Party, but quiet & on nice beach??

Thanks. I found a couple places that seem good, but can't decide what would be best.

Two of the beaches are very nice, but far from the party (Star Hut on Thong Nai Pan Noi Beach and High Life Resort on Haad Yao). The other option is Phangan Beach Resort which is closest to the party....

Thinking that since we're staying for 3 nights, it might be nice to be on the best beach, Thong Nai Pan Noi and commute for 50 mins from the pier and to/from the party....

Manchester,England
reviews: 3
3. Re: Bungalows near Full Moon Party, but quiet & on nice beach??

Smartcookie

I stayed for many years at Ban Khai (OK this was late eighties) but the landscape wouldn't have changed that much.

If you stay at this beach it is a great 30 min walk to Haad Rin. Over the rocks and around bays. I know it maybe a little built up now but Booms Cafe, Silvery Moon Bungalows were the ones we stayed at.

The beaches are fine but you may find the water a little rough at the time of year you are going. This is monsoon time and the weather can be very depressing.

Having said that it may be OK. You will not need a boat to get you back as it's full moon and i walked back from Haad Rin loads of times without a torch (flashlight) in beautiful moonlight. You will also see the Phosphorous in the water which is a bit weird after a mushroom omlette !!

Cheers

David

New York City, New...
4. Re: Bungalows near Full Moon Party, but quiet & on nice beach??

Thanks for your advice. We decided it will be best for us to be away from the FMP and everyone raves about the Thong Pan Noi beach, so we booked at Star Hut based on recommendations here. Will report back!

Ireland
5. Re: Bungalows near Full Moon Party, but quiet & on nice beach??

Hi Smartcooki

I am planning to go to the July FMP and was also looking at staying in Star Hut in Thong Pan Noi and I was wondering how you got on?

How did you get to and from the FMP and how long did it take? Also was there a minimum stay?

Thanks in advance!!

Michelle

New York City, New...
6. Re: Bungalows near Full Moon Party, but quiet & on nice beach??

Hi. I posted a review on Star Huts on this website under hotel reviews, so you can read that for more details. I also have a trip report posted here somewhere.

We loved this location because it was that more authentic beach experience we were looking for. You basically have an almost private beach and there is a town with some bars and restaurants right there - everything very cute and authentic looking unlike Haad Rin where the FMP is located, which is sort of Western and infested with tourists.

TNPN beach takes about 45 mins to get to via a rough ride through some dirt roads (which makes some people stay away and helps preserve the authenticity). Star Huts arrange a ride to and from the party for about 200 baht each way I believe. There are only 2 taxis going back, at 3 and 5am I think, so you have to be there on time in order to get a seat. There were more people that wanted to take them than were seats when we went. They can also call you a private taxi to get to the party. The problem is getting back because taxi rates are high and some cabs don't want to drive this far. We had no problems as we made it at 5am in time to take the pre-arranged taxi back. Like I said, it's about a 45-50 min ride from the party beach.

They also arrange taxis to the pier for only 100 baht per person, which is very good.

Hope this helps.

New York City, New...
7. Re: Bungalows near Full Moon Party, but quiet & on nice beach??

Oh, there are also boats that can take you back and forth, but we were there in the off season (end of November), so there weren't any then.

Ireland
8. Re: Bungalows near Full Moon Party, but quiet & on nice beach??

Great!! Thanks for your help, much appreciated! I will have a read of your star Hut Review and Trip report. Thanks again!

9. Re: Bungalows near Full Moon Party, but quiet & on nice beach??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:21 am, September 25, 2009