We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cocohut Resort?

Which Ko Phangan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City
Cocohut Resort?

How is this place? Is it too close to development in Had Rin?

How is the beach there? Good food and drinks? How are the prices?

Looking to head to Koh Pha Ngan in July and was thinking about this place...

Chico, California
reviews: 4
1. Re: Cocohut Resort?

NO ,, not too close .. it is situated on a private beach with only one other resort ... it was mostly a young peoples place where there were so many rules to follow it was quite irritating. But I must say our beach front hut was decent and romantic because the beach is very open and not crowded ... but the ocean there is VERY shallow .. hard to swim there .... mostly folks just sit in the shallow water.

Good food and drinks?

We thought the food was terrible .. western crap mostly for kids ..and there is NO bar ... they only serve cheap beer.

How are the prices?

Not so good really when you compare them to much higher class hotels available all over the the island.

Looking to head to Koh Pha Ngan in July and was thinking about this place

Have a blast!

cachinnators's travel partner

Bangkok
2. Re: Cocohut Resort?

Coco hut is located on one of the most beautiful beach and five minutes walk to the Had Rin where the full moon party is held. Good swimming pool, food and drink are o.k.. The staff is very helpful and warm hospitality. Can see more details by it's web site www.cocohut.com

Sydney, Australia
3. Re: Cocohut Resort?

I stayed here for 2 weeks last year, and have just booked in for another 8 days in september.

I thought it was the perfect distance, just over a small hill and about 5 mins walk. It feels secluded but is only a little way away

The place itself is great! Im pretty fussy about things being clean and i was happy here, but of course its thailand and not australia.... so with that in mind, i really enjoyed my stay.

I stayed in a hillside bungalow (request 35, its at the top of the stairs but has the best views and no interuptions) and will do so again in september, i didnt think the larger ones were worth the money, but if you want modern rooms then go for them, they were being built last year when i was there in september

The food is ok, they cater too much towards western tastes... but actually make it worse! With tomato sauce pad thai etc. Much better to walk into Haad rin and get something more authentic.

Found the prices a little on the expensive side for thailand, but thats usually the case when buying food and drinks from the venue you are staying in.

I would definitely recommend if you want to stay in a lovely thai style place with lots of younger people around and close to Haad rin without it being too busy

The guests here were mostly youngish (20's and 30's) but it was pretty relaxed and people either went into haad rin or stayed at the resort and watched dvds in the evenings.

Los Angeles
4. Re: Cocohut Resort?

Me and a good friend are planning on staying in Ko Phangan for about 4 nights. We are both in our mid 20s and want to go out and party but are also looking for some chill time. Is Cocohut the best hotel/resort on the island? We are looking to stay in one of the best places and were looking for some guidance. Any help/suggestions would be much appreciated as we've never been before. Thanks!

Dublin, Ireland
5. Re: Cocohut Resort?

My two frends and I were also looking at this place to stay in July for the full moon party, their website mentions that bookings around these parties need to be a minimum stay is 5 nights, and arrival date is at least 5 days before Full Moon date. We are just arriving to Bangkok on the evening of the 29th July and will not be in a position to get to Ko Phangan earlier than the 30th.

Does anybody know if this is strictly enforced or are there exceptions? If this place doesnt make any exceptions, can anybody recomend a resort that will take shorter bookings around this time?