We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Phangan distance and beach locations

Which Ko Phangan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
reviews: 28
Phangan distance and beach locations

Were going to the Feb 2008 full moon party and want to stay overnight in ko phangan.

are we not on a budget, but would like to stay somewhere close so we can jus calapse in bed!!

Can anyone recommend a nice place near the full moon party?

And what is the distance from Thong Nai Pan Noi to the full moon party?

Melbourne, Australia
reviews: 2
1. Re: Phangan distance and beach locations

We stayed at Blue Hill in January and even that was too far from where the FMP is. There is lots of accomodation right on sunset & sunrise beach that isn't available on the internet. One that was very close to the action was Tommy's lodge, that looked ok. All the accomodation is pretty basic so I woudln't expect too much.

I think most places that you can book over the internet have a minimum night stay. When you get off the ferry there are people everywhere offering accomodation. That may be your best bet.

Alternatively Phanang Buri looked pretty good as did Rin Beach Resort. http://www.phangan.info/rinbeach/

Good luck!

Adelaide, Australia
reviews: 7
2. Re: Phangan distance and beach locations

We loved Milky Bay Resort which was on the same coast but about 15 min drive away... I would suggest staying away from the Full Moon Party... there tends to be alot of breakins to huts around the area and valuables stolen and when you want to sleep you will not want to be anywhere near there... there will be plenty of transport available to make it home... the resort may have a pick up service I think...

Thong Nai Pan Noi is on the opposite side and end of the Island....

Sydney, Australia
reviews: 28
3. Re: Phangan distance and beach locations

Thanks Reet, but Milky Bay Resort has a minimum 5 nights stay during full moon party unfortunately.

I think im going to have alot of problems finding a nice place for just one night.

Germany
reviews: 2
4. Re: Phangan distance and beach locations

Hi,

take a look at the palita lodge on had rin beach. its a family run resort and is highly recommended. I have never been there just red about it. From Had Rin Pier you can take the thong nai pan noi boat to this beach. it starts at mae nam pier at 8 and 12 am and stops at several beaches on the way to thong nai pan noi beach.

bye, Yvonne

5. Re: Phangan distance and beach locations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:31 am, August 29, 2009