We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Southern Lanta or Laguna Beach Resort?

Which Ko Lanta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
canada
Southern Lanta or Laguna Beach Resort?

I'm planning a trip to Khlong Dao beach in Koh Lanta in December with my husband and 2 kids ages 3 and 5. I've pretty much narrowed down the resorts we're most interested in to:

Laguna Beach Club

Southern Lanta Resort

Lanta Villa Resort

Can anyone comment on which of these would be the best choice? We're looking for clean rooms, nice beachfront, quiet in the evenings so the kids can sleep.

Any help would be really appreciated! We're hoping to book this week-end.

arctica
reviews: 8
1. Re: Southern Lanta or Laguna Beach Resort?

Southern Lanta and Lanta Village are neighbours. Both are quiet in the evening and the beachfront is of course the same... Very good beach for children. SL is bigger than LV, and there is a swedish school on the site, so your children will have company. Big and noisy breakfast area.

If you compare the price, check if breakfast is included at LV. Last year it was nearly 180 Baht for one person. All over I think the standard, bungalows and service at Southern Lanta is better than Lanta Village. The cheapest wooden bungalows at LV is not good (you need to buy mosquito net for the kids because the floor and walls are open everywhere), but the more expencive bungalows and the restaurant is nice and charming... The restaurant at SL have a stunning view in the sunset, but the food is not the best on the island!

I don`t know Laguna Beach.

canada
2. Re: Southern Lanta or Laguna Beach Resort?

Hi Imagion, thanks so much for your quick reply! I've just found that Andaman Lanta also has availability in their Deluxe room.

Just wondering if you are familiar with this resort. Looks nice on the web, though buildings look a bit crowded together, and it looks as if the water may be a bit rocky? How would you compare it to Southern Lanta?

arctica
reviews: 8
3. Re: Southern Lanta or Laguna Beach Resort?

Deluxe rooms or beach bungalows at Andaman Lanta are good options. Better than Southern Lanta, I think. Be aware of the standard rooms and bungalows at the back side by the road. That`s a bit different from the beach side quality....

The resort is shaped like a horse shoe. A bit thight maybe, but clean, modern and nice. Good service and some nice beach bars near by.

Yes, there is a few rocks at the beach front of this resort, but you can just walk twenty meters each side to avoid it. No problem!!

Hollviken
4. Re: Southern Lanta or Laguna Beach Resort?

Rent "the Beach House" at Laguna Beach Club!! I´ts very quiet and the bungalow is placed right on the beach. Me and my family have been there 6 times before and we will arrive the 8:th of december again. It is our favorite/paradise place on earth.

Hollviken
5. Re: Southern Lanta or Laguna Beach Resort?

Rent "the Beach House" at Laguna Beach Club!! I´ts very quiet and the bungalow is placed right on the beach. Me and my family have been there 6 times before and we will arrive the 8:th of december again. It is our favorite/paradise place on earth.

Stockholm, Sweden
reviews: 102
6. Re: Southern Lanta or Laguna Beach Resort?

I would agree with most of the previous comments. I would also go for the Laguna Beach Club as the pick of the crop. Two things to watch out for though.

LBC has a large, very nice pool, but no dedicated childrens pool. If you're looking to spend a lot of time by the pool with the kids all of the other resorts are better for small children in this respect.

Also, the owners at LBC have a couple of largish dogs (Dobermann or something?). If you or your kids are not used to dogs this might be a hassle.

If not LBC I would go with Andaman Lanta if you can afford beach-side, if not Southern. Lanta Villa is OK but not as nice as the other ones.

San Francisco...
7. Re: Southern Lanta or Laguna Beach Resort?

I stayed at Southern Lanta for one night and it was horrible. I was lucky I only booked a night and could move.

Had a poor resteraunt and over priced. would choose Laguna Beach Club.

Jamie

8. Re: Southern Lanta or Laguna Beach Resort?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:20 am, August 30, 2009