We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Saladan in Green Season

Which Ko Lanta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Leicester, United...
reviews: 34
Saladan in Green Season

We will be staying in Saladan in early July and I wondered if anyone had tips on close by restaurants that will be open. I have been through the restaurant list and quite a few seem to be closed.

We will only be after Thai food or cafes that sell fruit shakes etc.

Any tips would be appreciated.

5 replies to this topic
Ko Lanta, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Ko Lanta
reviews: 66
1. Re: Saladan in Green Season

I can't say for certain which restaurants will be open that time of year, but there should be a few at the very least. Also you are not far from Phra Ae, Khlong Dao and Long Beach - a short taxi ride to any of those locations will give you access to additional restaurants.

Adelaide, Australia
Destination Expert
for Phuket, Ko Lanta
reviews: 294
2. Re: Saladan in Green Season

We only go to Koh Lanta during green season and there is always plenty of places still open. Saladan Seafood is a good place to eat, the menu is huge not all seafood and very cheap, their Green Chicken Curry is up there with the best I have had. Lanta Tavern is a short ride away and consistently good food.

Just a couple of kilometers south of Saladan on the beach side of the main road you will find the Thai Orchid Restaurant. Another good place to eat with lovely staff. You will not have a problem finding places to eat :)

Cathy

Leicester, United...
reviews: 34
3. Re: Saladan in Green Season

Thanks both, I have looked at Thai Orchid and will definitely be eating there! Any other tips as to where to go/visit while we are in Lanta?

Ko Lanta, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Ko Lanta
reviews: 66
4. Re: Saladan in Green Season

Greek Taverna is also open year round and I have yet to leave there not bursting at the seams with delicious food!

HK
5. Re: Saladan in Green Season

Just after the coup, booking from HK to all Thailand dropped by about 50% compared to normal. It might have recovered by now. So it might be a greener than green season for the touristy restaurants if the numbers are mirrored in other countries.

There will still be a lot of great places to eat, it doesn't have to be posh to taste good.

Reply to: Saladan in Green Season
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted