We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay!!!

Which Ko Lanta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Solihull, West Mids
reviews: 39
Where to stay!!!

Hi all hope someone out there can help. Have been to Thailand many times but never to Ko Lanta. We are off in February and having a week in Krabi (which we love) and then we want 3 nights (just me and hubby) in Ko Lanta - really really want a beach front room or bungalow. It does not have to be posh but I do want A/C. I want to be able to walk to little restaurants and bars so I am presuming Klong Dao Beach might be my best bet? I am not bothered that there is lots to do as I plan on chilling for the whole time. However, I just don't know where to stay. A lot of places are booked up already. Any suggestions anyone out there? All comments gratefully appreciated. Thanks

arctica
reviews: 8
1. Re: Where to stay!!!

There are plenty of restaurants and places to stay at Klong Dao beach, which is not far from Saladan town with even more restaurants.

Reading reviews and posting a list of places you have found and like within budget that are not booked up, could make it easier to get suggestions on which to choose or eliminate.

Solihull, West Mids
2. Re: Where to stay!!!

Thanks for that - as you say there are plenty - it's just very time consuming trying to find something in the right location that is available - however I will keep looking. Thanks again

arctica
3. Re: Where to stay!!!

I don`t know your budget, but here is a list with beach locations in different price range at Klong Dao. Hope you find some of them available. Have you checked agents like www.sawadee.com? When you type your dates, you will see prices and availabilty in the area you have chosen.

Holiday Villa (Nice place, but not a good beach front)

Lanta Bee Garden

Ocean View

Andaman Lanta

Maya Lanta

Lanta Garden Home

Lanta Island

Banana Garden

Chaba bungalows

Lanta Villa

Southern Lanta

DR Lanta

Golden Bay Resort

Royal Lanta

Summer House

Laguna beach club

Twin Lotus

Costa Lanta

Cha Da

These two are very quiet located a bit away from everything at the far end of the beach:

Twin bay

Ka Kwang beach resort

Solihull, West Mids
4. Re: Where to stay!!!

Thanks for that - I will work my way down. I have tried lots of sites but cannot find much availability but will keep trying - thanks again

Ireland
5. Re: Where to stay!!!

Hi there, we stayed in the houben hotel in klong dao beach which is just amazing. So quiet and peaceful and all rooms face the infinity pool which in turn looks out over the sea. While it's not beachfront as it's on a hill, it's only a five minute walk down to the beach. There's a no kid policy so hotel is very peaceful, and it's pretty small so always a really intimate feeling. Again, not sure what your budget is but we could not fault the place.

Ireland
6. Re: Where to stay!!!

Hi there, we stayed in the houben hotel in Ban Kantiang beach which is just amazing. So quiet and peaceful and all rooms face the infinity pool which in turn looks out over the sea. While it's not beachfront as it's on a hill, it's only a five minute walk down to the beach. There's a no kid policy so hotel is very peaceful, and it's pretty small so always a really intimate feeling. Again, not sure what your budget is but we could not fault the place.

Edited: 5:07 am, November 08, 2013
arctica
7. Re: Where to stay!!!

Check out Ananda Lanta Resort and Mermaid if you you don`t mind staying at the hillside of the beach road. Still near the beach though. 2 minutes easy walk. Feb is high season and both places are popular, but worth a try.

The Houben, mentioned in post #5, is not at Klong Dao, but far south in a quieter part of the island.

Aberdeen, United...
reviews: 29
8. Re: Where to stay!!!

We have booked the Banana garden home for February ,it gets fantastic reviews and costs £30 per night.

Solihull, West Mids
9. Re: Where to stay!!!

The Houben looks amazing!!! but out of my budget I am afraid. The Banana Garden looks ok but I think I want something a bit more. I am probably looking at about £60 to £80 per night but I do want to be on the beach for that. I am beginning to tire of the this endless search but I really appreciate your suggestions. Thank you again.

Aberdeen, United...
reviews: 29
10. Re: Where to stay!!!

We were looking for weeks too.We stayed in Koh Lanta the year after that awful wave and everything was extremely cheap.We stayed in the beach front Vila at the Sayang beach bungalows and it was fantastic,think we paid £30 per night.They were fully booked this year and the beach front bungalow is getting redeveloped.

We actually booked the Alanta Villa last week but cancelled it as we thought it would take away the real rustic feel of Koh Lanta..

A Basic clean bungalow with character ,on or very close to the beach is what it's all about in Koh Lanta,I read every single review on the Banana garden and decided that's what it's all about..and it's next door to the Indian shack bar....bliss

Can't wait.