We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bicycle with child seat for hire

Which Ko Lanta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Solihull, United...
reviews: 28
Bicycle with child seat for hire

We wil be on Lanta for ten days and hope to putter up and down on bikes a lot of the time. We have a three year old with us and will need a kids seat. Do you know anyone who hires bikes with child seats? Thank you.

Solihull, United...
1. Re: Bicycle with child seat for hire

Anyone?

Ao Nang, Thailand
reviews: 1
2. Re: Bicycle with child seat for hire

I am biking much, but not on Koh Lanta. The roads are very treacherous, the driving of the people on the island is crazy and than you want to do that with a 3 year old ?

Solihull, United...
3. Re: Bicycle with child seat for hire

Oh. It's a bad idea then?

I was looking forward to pottering up and down on a bike, shall we stick to the tuk tuks?

Mtwapa, Kenya
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Newcastle upon Tyne, Bamburi, Mtwapa
reviews: 51
4. Re: Bicycle with child seat for hire

It's just over 2½ years since I lived on the island so things may have changed, but back then one or two places rented bicycles. You would see the odd tourist out on a bike but it was pretty rare and I never saw any tourist on a bike with a child seat. (there were a few ex-pats who rode bikes but again I can't recall a child seat).

For most people it's not so much the traffic, and as above the locals are shocking drivers, it's far too hot for riding bikes. The road is very wide at the north end and gets narrower and windier as you go south. At the north end of the island,especially Klong Dao the road is a wide expanse of white concrete or tarmac with no shade and with quite a bit of traffic some of it driving too fast. At the south end of the island the road is narrower, hillier with quite a few bends as the beaches are much shorter and crescent shaped with rocky outcrops between them. It does have occasional bits of shade, there is less traffic but some locals just see this as meaning they can drive faster. I had a mountain bike but I would go out on it early in the morning before the sun had cleared the ridge of hills that runs down the spine of the island, and while the road was still quiet, even then I'd need to shower and jump straight into the swimming pool to cool off on my return.

Solihull, United...
5. Re: Bicycle with child seat for hire

Hmm. All advice duly noted. Tuk tuk's it is then.

6. Re: Bicycle with child seat for hire

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, February 22, 2014