We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in Koh Lanta

Which Ko Lanta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Nottingham, England
reviews: 1
Weather in Koh Lanta

Hi

Please could someone let me know what the weather is like in Koh Lanta at the moment??

Thanks

Bec

Bangkok, Thailand
reviews: 7
1. Re: Weather in Koh Lanta

check it here wunderground.com/weather-forecast/TH/Ko_Lant…

Ko Lanta, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Ko Lanta
reviews: 66
2. Re: Weather in Koh Lanta

Partially sunny.

No way to predict what it will be tomorrow. Lived here 7 years and have yet to find an online forecast service that was ever accurate with anything besides sunrise and sunset times.

Bath
reviews: 8
3. Re: Weather in Koh Lanta

Been here a few days. It's hot. Some cloud in the sky most of the time. Mixture of sunshine and overcast with the very occasional light shower. Nothing to worry about.

Ko Lanta, Thailand
4. Re: Weather in Koh Lanta

The weather has been rubbish. Lovely and warm but been here one week and not seen the sun - well OK, ten minutes this afternoon, then grey as a London winter afternoon. Not coming to Thailand again.

Ko Lanta, Thailand
5. Re: Weather in Koh Lanta

The weather has been rubbish. Lovely and warm but been here one week and not seen the sun - well OK, ten minutes this afternoon, then grey as a London winter afternoon - all day, every day. The place is a tip except for the the nice resorts. There is rubbish everywhere. You can't even console yourself thatbat least it's cheap - It's not. €25 a night for a rubbish mozzie/ant infested bamboo hut. Its a joke. I want to dive but all the dive companies work a racket and all the sites are the same and all the dive companies go there. Snorkelling day trip is €30 per person !! And when you say you think thats expensive the proprietor pulls a face like a smacked ar*e . Ive been coming to Thailand for 15 years and the day I pay €30 to go snorkelling here is the day I commit myself to brain surgery. Not coming to Thailand again, it's finished. Its owned and run my gang consortiums based around a few families who own and control everything and they have finally got too greedy. The phrase " well its Thailand you have to adjust your western standards" goes out the window when I pay western prices. The "normal" everyday people can't be blamed I suppose as they try, but they like us are being taken for a huge ride. We went to town (Saladin) to try and negotiate a better car rental rate than the expensive resort we stay at, only to eventually find out that there is one contract to supply cars for the whole island and it seems that to discount and compete on price means the death penalty - they won't budge and they could care less. I've never seen so many shops (hundreds) sell the same mass produced cr*p for exactly the same price. The reason? A few Mr Bigs own the whole damn place. It ruins the holiday experience because half the fun is bargaining and wheeling and dealing to get the things you want. On Koh Lanta and pretty much the whole of Krabi province you can forget it, just forget it. For any proprietors on Koh Lanta reading this , DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. It's ruining your industry. As for us ? Our message would be a euphemism for reproduction and travel. Next year we are going to the Maldives. For anyone over the age of 10, Its cheaper now and better weather.

Ko Lanta, Thailand
6. Re: Weather in Koh Lanta

Oh - and Sala din is an Intimidating little dump of a place. We live in Hammersmith and I've lived in the business end of some places in London so it takes something for me to say this. I have no hard evidence to back this up but I'll say it anyway- my gut instinct/ feeling is that women shouldn't travel alone here, especially at night. My girl friend get stared at a lot. Not in the way you do in say India. It s a brooding little stare that gives us the willies, which is probably what they are thinking too.....

Edited: 6:52 am, December 23, 2012
london
reviews: 20
7. Re: Weather in Koh Lanta

christ! Off to Thailand in a couple of weeks, it's interesting feedback. The last time I went was 10 years ago and I have been shocked at the prices I've had to pay comparatively. I think islands always tend to have a mafia run feel which isnt immediately noticable then you start to dig beneath the surface, sounds like you wouldn't recommend a visit to Sala din...

Edited: 11:34 am, January 09, 2013
Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 139
8. Re: Weather in Koh Lanta

Well, thats told us LOL

Truro, United...
9. Re: Weather in Koh Lanta

Have to disagree wtih Martin S I'm afraid. We went a few weeks ago and stayed in Kantiang Bay. It was very clean, very friendly and I felt safe walking around day and night without my partner. Yes, you can't bargain as much as you used to (I went 7 years ago too) but hey, there's a global recession on and the locals do have to make a living!

10. Re: Weather in Koh Lanta

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, January 13, 2014