We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfer to Lanta (Long Beach)

Which Ko Lanta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
Transfer to Lanta (Long Beach)

Hi-

We are staying at the Sayang bungalows on April 15-18; the problem is that we would like to arrive as early as possible due to a limited amount of time on the ground in Thailand. To this end, does anyone know of any private baots or speedboat charters that would take us quicker to Lanta?

Thanks

Melbourne
reviews: 15
1. Re: Transfer to Lanta (Long Beach)

Private charter of a speedboat could cost a fortune. Where are you travelling from anyway?

New York City, New...
2. Re: Transfer to Lanta (Long Beach)

thats what I figured-we are coming from Krabi.

arctica
reviews: 8
3. Re: Transfer to Lanta (Long Beach)

I don`t think you will save much time going by speed boat. At least if the sea is rough. Driving from Krabi airport takes 2 – 2.5 hrs including two car ferries between the islands. Expect to pay around 2500 baht for a taxi.

Berlin/Bangkok
Destination Expert
for Bangkok, Berlin, Thailand
reviews: 33
4. Re: Transfer to Lanta (Long Beach)

Vans go once an hour from Krabi, take the same amount of time as a taxi, and cost 200 baht. Unfortunately they don't leave directly from the airport, so you have to take the bus (90 baht) or a taxi (300 baht) into town. You can buy a van ticket at the desk to your right in the Arrivals hall at Krabi Airport.

Philadelphia, PA
reviews: 27
5. Re: Transfer to Lanta (Long Beach)

I'm not sure there's a way around this. I was just in Koh Lanta and stayed at the Langham Place. On the trip down they arranged for a taxi from Krabi(which crosses the two ferries - wait time can be horrendous). Overall it was about 3 hours (wait for the first ferry was about 1.5 hours of that). On the way back though I took a speed boat from the hotel to the mainland and then a car to Krabi. That trip took about 2 hours. Either way, Koh Lanta is a hike, but well worth it.

New York City, New...
6. Re: Transfer to Lanta (Long Beach)

Thanks for your replies. Looks like im going to have ton settle for a taxi (definetly not a van) from Krabi airport. Anyone have any experiences catching a Taxi from Krabi to Lanta?

lewes uk
reviews: 121
7. Re: Transfer to Lanta (Long Beach)

yes, it's great... you arrange it at the desk at the airport as already mentioned, nicer than a bus as you don't wait for the bus to fill up etc. you just wait for the ferries instead, but it gets you a head start I guess

8. Re: Transfer to Lanta (Long Beach)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:23 am, September 25, 2009