We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ko Lanta in April?

Which Ko Lanta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
Ko Lanta in April?

Can anyone advise if Ko Lanta is a good place to visit mid April?

My girlfriend and I are looking to arrive on or around the 10th April and possibly stay at the Royal Lanta on Klong Dao beach.

I have heard that the restaurants and bars begin to close around this time (plus the weather can be indifferent?) and wonder whether we should be seeking an alternative destination in Thailand?

Any help / advice would be welcomed.

sometime in...
11. Re: Ko Lanta in April?

Definately busy during that time of the year. It'll be nice and quite again in May till Nov. For van transfer fron Krabi airport; If you pay Bht250 per person, it's means you'll travel in a 10pax. van sharing. Small and pack. But if you pay 2,400-2,500 a van, that's mean you'll have your own van by your self or group. The no. seat is vary from 6-10 depend on how big is the seat and how many space left for your luggage. Enjoy you trip to Lanta.

Essex
reviews: 11
12. Re: Ko Lanta in April?

Just got back from Lanta. you will pay between 2000 - 2500 for private car/van trip to the airport if you book in advance for the arrival and if you book in town (not through hotel) for the return. This trip does take on average 2 hours. It took this amount of time both times we did it. Just due to the car ferry. but this is not a hassle and is an easy journey to do.

Members of my family went with their kids in April last year, ended up staying for two weeks and had a great time so i don't think you need to worry about it being closed.

I would recommend the Casuarina hotel on Long beach, have a sea view room, the sunsets are worth it. It has a lovely pool and is great beach. Short walk to either beach bars and restaurants or roadside bars and restaurants. Much cheaper that eating in the hotel itself and more authentic

Rent a moped and explore all the other beaches and and bars.

have a great trip.