We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amritsar- 1 day

Which Amritsar hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Mumbai...
reviews: 5
Amritsar- 1 day

My husband and I are reaching Amritsar on Saturday at 8AM and leaving on the same day at 10 PM. Please suggest an Itinerary for 1 day.

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India
reviews: 39
1. Re: Amritsar- 1 day

8 a.m. Arr Amritsar, fresh-n-up. hire an auto to Golden Temple. Then Jalianwala Bagh and lastly Durgiana Mandir.

Lunch Break

3 p.m. Start for Wagha (by taxi), you can be seated from 4 p.m. Only water bottle and camera can be taken there.

7 p.m. back to Amritsar and proceed for return journey.

Edited: 4:00 am, June 05, 2013
Mumbai...
2. Re: Amritsar- 1 day

Thanks a lot Ashis. Would you know about any taxi/ auto operator there

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India
3. Re: Amritsar- 1 day

May contact Cosmos, 20, AGA Complex, Taylor Road, Amritsar - 143001, +91-98140-50931, 9814030931, 98149-44555, +91-183-6530931, 2222931, 2213931. info@cosmoscarrental.co.in

Edited: 4:02 am, June 05, 2013
Mumbai...
4. Re: Amritsar- 1 day

and how much should i pay?

India
Destination Expert
5. Re: Amritsar- 1 day

Should be between Rs. 1.6 - 2K for a small car.

Edited: 4:24 am, June 05, 2013
Mumbai...
6. Re: Amritsar- 1 day

We planned our trip from Delhi to Amritsar and return based on the bus timing and boarding place mentioned on the red bus website. we booked on k s travels. However, we were shocked to realise that the bus which was suppose to leave at 10pm from red fort is going to leave from some other place. And we were informed about it after we reached red fort. We were asked to take a metro and reach some totally different place. after we reached that place, the bus arrived at 1130 pm and then the further shock was that the bus was not working. The mechanics opened up the engine...there was no information given to anyone. To add to the wait, water was leaking from the AC duct which was right above us....it was an absolutely horrifying situation. I could not sleep through the night ...I would really suggest people to really think before booking the bus

New Delhi, India
reviews: 13
7. Re: Amritsar- 1 day

This should be of some help : allzhere.in/2013/…

Mumbai...
8. Re: Amritsar- 1 day

you had a better foodie experience than mine..:-)

New Delhi, India
reviews: 13
9. Re: Amritsar- 1 day

yes, it was unique.

though some places were hyped...

Mumbai
10. Re: Amritsar- 1 day

Delhi bus operators are pathetic and not reliable. They make your travel with them a nightmare. One should avoid these buses and opt for trains if punctuality matters but then need to plan in advance for getting confirmed berth in train,