We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Golden Triangle & more in 14 days.

Which Amritsar hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
reviews: 1
Golden Triangle & more in 14 days.

Two of us plan on coming to India for 14 days and we have a load of questions to ask. When is the best time to visit? The idea is to fly to Amritsar and take in The Golden Temple. Other places we wish to visit are Haridwar, Rishikesh, New Delhi, Jaipur, Agra, Khajurao, Varansai and Goa. Can anyone recommend the best way to travel between places i.e. private car, train or plane? And how much time do we need at each place? We want to be able to end our journey by staying 2-3 nights in Goa.

Amritsar, India
reviews: 33
1. Re: Golden Triangle & more in 14 days.

Ah....ahem that sure as hell is a tall order...u might wanna drop a few places...the best itinerary as best i can suggest would look smthin like this...

Day1 : Amritsar - Golden Temple, Jalianwala bagh etc

evening train to Delhi departs at 5 PM reaches delhi at 11:30 pm...

better book a hotel and transfer bfr hand...

Day2-3: Delhi

Day4: Agra....again book a train from delhi

The best options are the Bhopal Shatabdi Express (departs New Delhi at 0615 arriving Agra Cantt at 0812; departs Agra Cantt at 2030 arriving New Delhi at 2230, daily except Friday) and the Taj Express (departs Delhi Hazrat Nizamuddin at 0715 arriving Agra Cantt at 1007; departs Agra cantt at 1855 arriving Delhi Hazrat Nizamuddin at 2200, daily). (source WIKITRAVEL)

There are some seasonal flights from delhi but availability is an issue...Kingfisher and Air India.

now you have two options proceed to Jaipur from Agra itself or return to Del to go on to Haridwar

Day 5: Jaipur....i would suggest you return to delhi and fly out to Khajuraho next stay over night and return to Delhi rest a day...

Day7: Head off to Haridwar and rishikesh....you can take the train upto Haridwar and then a taxi to Rishikesh or fly to Dehradun and then proceed to Rishikesh and haridwar...

Well give and take your train times ,arrival and departure timings extension of stay its safe to assume that you are on day 10 by now!!!

Head Back to Delhi and fly out to Goa...3 nights might i say...Please try to drop a few places from your wish list...I could barely cover Bangkok and Phuket in 14 days, you are trying to visit practically trying the impossible...

Trains are the best where available try to look for AC Chair car or Ac 1st class...if not settle for AC 2nd...Flights should be taken where available...but they aint really for cents and pennies... you will have t make del your hub as almost all your destinations are reached conveniently through Delhi only though all are in diff directions...

Aggh Ahem im lost....

Hv Fun

Delhi
2. Re: Golden Triangle & more in 14 days.

Just wanted to add one thing...should stay for around 2 days in amritsar.it is a good place to visit and plenty to watch out there whichincludes religious sites,heritage,etc.

3. Re: Golden Triangle & more in 14 days.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:21 am, November 02, 2010