We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kerala trip in Jan 1st week

Which Munnar hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Kolkata (Calcutta...
Kerala trip in Jan 1st week

Hi All,

I am palnning for 7n/8d trip in kerala.

Cochin-->Munnar-->Thedekky-->Allepy.

We want to get down first at cochin,and the we book a hotel from there for Munnar and other places?? Is it possible??

Please let me know from where I can book the hotels.I dont want to book online.

Secondly can I get a shared transport from cochin to Munnar and the other place? as well for the sight scene???

My Budjet is low,thats why I want a hotel in below Rs500 per night and the shared transport.

I'll be very thankfull....

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India
reviews: 39
1. Re: Kerala trip in Jan 1st week

Bushra S

You hardly get any hotel @Rs.500 in the mentioned places. Shared vehicle is also not readily available in between those places.

AshisRoy

Edited: 10:30 am, November 18, 2011
Kolkata (Calcutta...
2. Re: Kerala trip in Jan 1st week

Thanks.....but I have seen some hotel details in internet,please see the link below (sort by price)

holidayiq.com/Popular-Munnar-Hotels-Resorts-…

what about JJ cottage and Munnar Dream Palace,Munnar??

Please advice the Hotel in minimum...

India
Destination Expert
for Shimla, Manali, Kashmir, Shillong, Sikkim, Uttarakhand, Puri, Darjeeling, Kolkata (Calcutta), Himachal Pradesh, Srinagar, Dalhousie, India
3. Re: Kerala trip in Jan 1st week

This following post is from indiamike.com for your reference

[samyo, Member, Join Date: Nov 2010 Location: KOLKATA

As per the Hotel section the JJ Cottage Rate is Rs.400

But when I called up Mr.John (JJ Cottage) for booking in middle of Feb he asked for Rs.1200.. I tried to bargain but no luck ]

Edited: 11:02 am, November 18, 2011
Kolkata (Calcutta...
4. Re: Kerala trip in Jan 1st week

Thank........then advice some other cheap hotel

India
Destination Expert
5. Re: Kerala trip in Jan 1st week

Try Munnar Tourist Home, H.Aida in Kottayam, Lake Queen in Kumili.

Mumbai
reviews: 38
6. Re: Kerala trip in Jan 1st week

Kottayam is totally out of the way for this itinerary. It does not make sense at all staying in Kottayam to visit any of these places. Also, I strongly feel that Hotel Aida will not be in this price range.

Bushra, you should purchase a TTK road guide to Kerala from a bookshop and see for yourself the kind of distances you wish to cover in 7 days. Please take into consideration that you will be travelling along Kerala country roads where distances are deceptive because of the winding nature of many of them.

Ashis, I think you too would be well advised to purchase such a map.

India
Destination Expert
7. Re: Kerala trip in Jan 1st week

Kottayam was suggested because the poster can do back water boating from Alleppey to Kottayam and overnight stay at Kottayam, next day he can go to Kumili for Periyar safari. Kottayam is very much in the circuit and cheaper than Alleppey or Thekkady.

AshisRoy

Bengaluru...
reviews: 99
8. Re: Kerala trip in Jan 1st week

use public transport like buses. bus connectivity good in Kerala. book lodges close to bus stands on arrival in each locations. something will be surely available. you can check the rooms and book. for the budget one has to sacrifice some comforts.

India
Destination Expert
9. Re: Kerala trip in Jan 1st week

Minimum knowlwdge of Geography is enough to know the location of Kottayam.

Its on the other side of Vembanad Lake. The boats start from Alleppey sail on back water and arrive Kottayam.

Kochi (Cochin...
reviews: 3
10. Re: Kerala trip in Jan 1st week

Dear Bushra,

If you r used to staying in low budget hotels then it's Ok, else you might bein for a shock, not recommended . Keeping it for last minute may lead to disappointment.

As it stands no shared transport is available, you could use the ksrtc or pvt transport services for traveling.

Have a safe holiday