We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Discover West End cruise tour

Which West End hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Louisiana
reviews: 19
Discover West End cruise tour

Can't find much info on West End. Can anyone give a brief description of best things to do? We want a little shopping, a little lunch, a little beach. My friend can't snorkel becauase of asthma but I can. This is a 4.5 hour ctuise ship tour. Tia.

6 replies to this topic
menlo park, ca
reviews: 66
1. Re: Discover West End cruise tour

There is lots more beach at West Bay but I like the pace and the shopping options at WEst End. So get yourselves to WEst End, probably by taxi. Or you could go out to the road and flag down a jitney for a greater sense of adventure. Get out at the traffic circle in West End and walk left (south) and you will pass shops and dive shops and bars along the left with Half Moon bay on your right. At the church you will find shops etc on both sides for a while. And then once again shops on the left and water on the right. Now you've pretty much seen West End. You could either have lunch at Tita's bar on the beach behind Sueno del Mar hotel at the end of the paved road, or walk back all the way to the circle and beyond a few yards to Sundowners bar. Tita's has no shade except for the palapa bar and has excellent snorkeling right off the sandy beach. Sundowners has lots of palms around on its sandy beach and good snorkeling out at the mouth of the bay. Just a nice quiet little town with beautiful water and lots of good eats. What will make your visit exceptional is the snorkeling, the best you have ever seen or even imagined. So make sure you get out to the reef, and you'll want to return for a longer stay. There should be lots of taxis parked at the circle. Or else you could hop a jitney again.

Louisiana
2. Re: Discover West End cruise tour

Thanks for the info. If I go snorkeling at Tita's, can you rent sorrel gear there? Is there a shower to rinse off? Any good hair salons by chance or massage?

Roatan, Honduras
3. Re: Discover West End cruise tour

LOL, Hair Salons??

menlo park, ca
4. Re: Discover West End cruise tour

running water? Boy you're asking a lot. But you are right. Rinsing off after snorkeling is a true delight. That salt feels a little yucky after a few hours. Worst case you can go back to the ship eventually. There may be running water around Tita's. I'm sure there is a hose in the parking area at Sueno, which you will pass on the way to/from Tita's. And no one is going to be bothered if you rinse off there.

If you really need hair attention or a massage, perhaps you should head to West Bay instead of West End. Lots of massages and hair braiding on the beach there, but you'll run into most of the folks from your ship there.

menlo park, ca
5. Re: Discover West End cruise tour

oops, forgot to answer your other question. I don't know if Tita's has snorkel gear available. Sueno del Mar, next door, is a little 8-room dive resort, so they would surely be able to rent you some gear. Their dive boat goes out at 9, and after that the shop may be empty, so you may have to yell around to find someone to take care of you. Pretty low key place. And if you want they can rent you kayaks too. Then ask them for directions to the Blue Channel mooring. On the way back to the ship, Tita;s may be too far from the center of town for you find a taxi readily. Maybe she could call for one for you, or maybe Sueno could use their driver, or you could find a jitney on the road.

Louisiana
6. Re: Discover West End cruise tour

Wouldn't need a taxi. We are doing this as an excursion. I know we don't really need to but my traveling companion won't do anything on her own. She also can't snorkel or dive. Bummer. I'm an advanced diver. Was just looking for a real salon since after a snorkel or swim I would look scary. I would just get it done back on the ship if it doesn't interfere with entertainment or early dinner.

Reply to: Discover West End cruise tour
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about West End