We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Half Moon Bay

Which West End hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 3
Half Moon Bay

Hello all - I think I am zeroing in on staying in West End. Can anyone tell me the best place to stay if you want to be on Half Moon Bay beach? We want to be able to walk out of our room and be virtually on the beach...thoughts?

menlo park, ca
reviews: 66
1. Re: Half Moon Bay

There is only one place actually ON Half Moon Bay beach, the big yellow house called (duh) The Beach House. It's right at the circle in West End. fairly upscale, 2 storeys, nice rooms, 2 nice restaurants on the ground floor. Not cheap. The rooms do not actually open onto the sand, but close enough. It has its own dock. maybe the best place to watch sunset from your room on the entire island.

Half Moon Bay resort sits on the shore on the north side of the bay, but there is no beach there. Just docks that give easy access to the water.

Across the road from the beach are 2 other places. Posada Arco Iris sits behind the Argentinian Grill. And Chillies sits across the road from Sundowners bar. Both are considered budget hotels. All these places are reviewed in the TA hotel section with lots of pictures

Edited: 3:38 pm, November 22, 2013
The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
reviews: 137
2. Re: Half Moon Bay

We've chosen Posada Arco Iris for our 1st West End stay next June (3rd visit to Roatán). Can't wait!

North Pole, New York
reviews: 88
3. Re: Half Moon Bay

Question, please? We visited West End on a brief cruise stop in 2009 and enjoyed meeting people working there and I enjoyed a very nice cigar bar that blew me out of the water. I haven't seen a cugar bar like that anywhere else in the Carib or Mexico!

But my question Is this Half Moon Bay? We later took a water taxi over to West Bay. But I never heard the name Half Moon Bay until doing some research for a return.

Thanks!

menlo park, ca
reviews: 66
4. Re: Half Moon Bay

there was a guy with a little cart wedged between the Beach House and Sundowners, on HMB, who sold cigars and other smokeable goodies. But he's been gone for a couple of years.

There are two cigar bars further south in West End, a little ways away from Half Moon Bay. One is just a year or so old, and it's rather small/ On the water side of the road.

Another is further south still on the land side of the road, with a porch that extends the length of the building. It has been in various hands over the last few years. They have a humidor room and a wide selection of Central American stogies. They are quite close to the water taxi dock in West End. SO this is probably the place you mean. It's still there, and I do my part to help support it. They have a wide assortment of Rocky Patel.

North Pole, New York
5. Re: Half Moon Bay

That's the one.

So HMB is at the northern end of where WE is?

Thanks

Montreal, Canada
reviews: 26
6. Re: Half Moon Bay

scuba007.com/roatan/…roatan-map-by-area.jpg

This map could be helpful. ( hope the link works ).

The stroll from Half Moon Bay to water taxi dock isn't long & its enjoyable...

North Pole, New York
7. Re: Half Moon Bay

ok, now I realize that HMB is the funky bay where we were dropped and we walked. Small shops where we bought pottery, dirt road, dive shops, $2 beer, good food, beach is nothing like West Bay, and the cigar bar is at the south end. We took a water taxi to WB from there, great spots and we enjoyed WE.

http://www.roatan.net/roatan-maps.html

Saskatoon, Canada
reviews: 1
8. Re: Half Moon Bay

The dirt road has been replaced with a modern street, so it's lost a bit of its funk and some of the names will have changed but West End will otherwise still have a lot of it's small town character.

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 3
9. Re: Half Moon Bay

Can anyone describe to me the beach in West End compared to the beach in West Bay? I understand the beach in West Bay is nicer, however, is the beach in West End still enjoyable and nice to hangout on for laying out, swimming, etc?

North Pole, New York
10. Re: Half Moon Bay

Wow - in 4 years mcgosler???

Get answers to your questions about West End