We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advise

Which West End hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Berne, Indiana
reviews: 3
Advise

Need some help from you roatan regulars. First timer to roatan & looking at 2 different places. 1) casa de suenos 2)villa del playa. Traveling with several families so the guys will spent time snorkeling & a little diving. Girls will do the pool/shopping/beach girl stuff & maybe a little snorkeling. The men enjoy cooking the evening meal of local catch of day & fresh fruits & veggies. Breakfasts & lunches is usually a free for all on your own. Some +/- of 2 areas would be appreciated in helping make a decision such as would a rental car be needed at one place & not the other? Snorkeling/beach better at one spot? Things like that. All suggestions greatly appreciated

Saskatoon, Canada
reviews: 2
1. Re: Advise

You've certainly picked two quite different locations. Casa de Suenos is in Lawson Rock whereas Villa del Playa is just a few minutes walk from West End. Without transportation of some sort, there isn't much within reach of Lawson Rock, but at Villa del Playa, you could get by without transportation. The ladies could get their fill of shopping, such as it is in Roatan, and the guys could hit a different bar every day and still not make it to all of them by the end of the vacation. You would also have the choice of numerous dive shops at West End.

menlo park, ca
reviews: 69
2. Re: Advise

I don;t know Casa de Suenos, but its location on SAndy Bay suggests that you would want to have a car. Viilas is a little bit south of the southern end of West End town, and you could easily walk into town. I make that trip maybe 4-5 times/day. Or you could hail down the west Bay water taxi from your dock. So Villas seems much more convenient. I stay at a place close to Villas and I think it looks great, though I have not been inside. Right offshore is the Blue Channel reef area, which I think is the best snorkeling on the island,, maybe 200-250 yards out with buoys to tie a kayak to. And you could dive with either Sueno del mar or Luna Beach dive shops very close by. The beach in front of Villas is not very wide but it is soft white sand and you can swim right off the beach. The beach at Casa is narrower and hard packed and the swimming is a little yucky. So unless there is a great difference in the quality of the places, I'd say that the location strongly favors Villas. I just wish they'd correct their ungrammatical Spanish name. If this is your first time to Roatan and are not there purely to dive and nothing else, you need to be on the west edge of the island to get a fuller appreciation of what the resort scene on Roatan is about. If I ever get around to bringing the rest of my family with me when I go to Roatan, the Villas would be at the top of my list.

Berne, Indiana
reviews: 3
3. Re: Advise

Thanks for the advise. I was kinda leaning toward the villas & you kinda firmed that up for me. Much appreciated

4. Re: Advise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, August 26, 2014
Get answers to your questions about West End