We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cruise Ship Schedules

Which West End hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Philadelphia...
reviews: 2
Cruise Ship Schedules

We will be in West End the beginnng of March . I am interested in making a trip to hang at West Bay for a day and also (maybe) another day excursion to the Botanical Gardens and the dolphin interaction tour nearby. I understand that it is better to go to these places when there are no cruise ship crowds.

It would be good to know if there is (or will be) a cruise ship schedule posted somewhere or if we can find out while on island what days are cruise ship free.

Also, somebody recently mentioned that there was a West Bay resort that charges $10 daily fees and offers amenities?

I appreciate any info.

Edited: 4:23 pm, December 04, 2009
ont
reviews: 37
1. Re: Cruise Ship Schedules

cruise shedules are posted on cruiseTT.com you will have to sign in to get the info but it lists each day and how many on board if you go and check out the cruise forums you will also find that most go to the beach and some do some driving combo tours like zip line adventures and sightseeing and alot talk of the dolphin experience at anthony keys they only have a few hours to spend so they make the most of whats close it seems as not to be on the road for their day (just my opinion)

fyi i had someone tell me that the botanical garden walking tour is nice but couple hours should do to see it all and nice photo ops of the natural plants

the last two weeks of feb ( my arrival date) there is actually 7 of the fourteen days that there is from two to four ships in port each day i would suggest you hire a cab at least the day ahead or they might be scarce as already booked to take a cruiser for that day

I wander the world
reviews: 21
2. Re: Cruise Ship Schedules

A bit of info about the Garden.

http://www.carambolagardens.com/

I can tell you the view from the top of the hill is with worth the effort.

Another place with pleasant ground is

http://www.gumbalimbapark.com/

it is between West and and West Bay...closer to West Bay. One can get there either by walking the beach West or water taxi from West End, just tell the guy you are going to Gumbalimba not West Bay.

Anthony's Key is not far from Carambola...depending on what level of Dolphin experience you want ya might give them a ring.

www.anthonyskey.com/en/dolphins/snorkel.html

They also have a dolphin show...standard fair Sea World stuff save the fact that the Dolphins follow the trainers out of their enclosure and do the show in open water.

My guess would be any of the resorts along West Bay would offer you a amenities in exchange for cash... the east end of the beach, (Foster's) is often times quieter then down near Infinity.

As far as hiring a cab...why would ya need one? You can walk or water taxi to West Bay and take the local bus for a single dollar anywhere along the road between West End and Coxen Hole...just sing out when ya want the bus to stop.

3. Re: Cruise Ship Schedules

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:20 am, June 05, 2010
Get answers to your questions about West End