We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Should I change my money to Egyptian pounds when in egypt?or

Which Nabq Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
reviews: 6
Should I change my money to Egyptian pounds when in egypt?or

Change here. I hear in egypt you get more for uk pounds instead of changing it here

Any idea??

22 replies to this topic
Bury, United Kingdom
reviews: 33
1. Re: Should I change my money to Egyptian pounds when in egypt?or

Hi

Change your money in Sharm, you will get approx 10% better exchange rate than in the Uk,

Karen

2. Re: Should I change my money to Egyptian pounds when in egypt?or

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:25 am, August 12, 2013

Accrington, United...
reviews: 67
3. Re: Should I change my money to Egyptian pounds when in egypt?or

Yes, I echo posts 1&2. They have machines where you put in your £20.00 note and the it gives L.E.

Nichola

Phoenix
4. Re: Should I change my money to Egyptian pounds when in egypt?or

Nichola, that sounds like a pretty cool machine! Do they have similar machines that exchange dollars to L.E.? If so, do you get a better exchange rate through those machines vs. an ATM?

Accrington, United...
reviews: 67
5. Re: Should I change my money to Egyptian pounds when in egypt?or

I presume you can put a number of currencies in Arizonatoad, or at least the more popular ones. I have definitely seen Euros but haven't taken much notice of any other currencies but it wouldn't surprise me if you can. They're a great machine. We don't have them in the UK or if they do I've never seen one.

Generally the exchange rate is roughly the same as the bank (or only a little in it) as I think they're own by a bank. Someone else maybe able to confirm this. I don't think they're independent.

Nichola

Edited: 3:37 pm, May 08, 2013
La Herradura, Spain
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
reviews: 160
6. Re: Should I change my money to Egyptian pounds when in egypt?or

Always take your money( GBP, euros or dollars )and change over in Sharm - the exchange rate is much much better. There are ATMs (belonging to various banks) which take any of the above currencies and change them into LE( Egyptian pounds) and the rate is very similar to banks. I never actually use them as I always change money at the bank or change office but I know many people who change their money this way and it is reliable.

Skipton, United...
reviews: 2
7. Re: Should I change my money to Egyptian pounds when in egypt?or

can you use your visa debit card in these machines to withdraw LE or do we need to take cash and do it that way ?

London, United...
reviews: 6
8. Re: Should I change my money to Egyptian pounds when in egypt?or

From what I heard yes you can use your debit but is safer using cash

La Herradura, Spain
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
reviews: 160
9. Re: Should I change my money to Egyptian pounds when in egypt?or

Yes you can use your debit card. I have used mine many times . But please check with your bank re any charges for using your card abroad.

Skipton, United...
reviews: 2
10. Re: Should I change my money to Egyptian pounds when in egypt?or

Thanks Rollergirl will check it out, just sounds safer than taking loads of cash,

Reply to: Should I change my money to Egyptian pounds when in egypt?or
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted