We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

single traveller

Which Nabq Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
lincoln
reviews: 5
single traveller

four family members are travelling to Coral sea resort in december and have asked if I want to join them. I have obtained a price from Thomson for a single room and under occupancy costs have put the holiday price up by an additional £440. Can anybody advise which hotels are near the coral sea resort and if necessary I will book a single room in a different hotel.I have tried to email the hotel directly to find out if this additional cost is incorrect. !!!!!!!!!!!!

Swansea, United...
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
reviews: 28
1. Re: single traveller

Unfortunately single travellers really pay the price!!! Whereas I can understand an extra charge when the hotels are fully booked, I really can't fathom out why they are allowed to hike up the price when hotels are under occupied as they are now! I don't know of any hotels that don't charge this, if you find out I will be pleased to hear about it!!! Even if you got a cheap flight and got a good rate for the room from another company, it's still expensive, probably will work out the same. I've been clobbered by this for years

Could you perhaps share a 3 bedded room, or are they couples which would be difficult

A few years back Longwood holidays did this with a few hotels at certain times of the year, don't know why they stopped

Regards

barbarah

Somerset
Destination Expert
for Somerset, Solo Travel, Exmoor National Park
reviews: 80
2. Re: single traveller

Ginger that is a lot! The usual extra is £100 or so. Averages about £19 a night including the flight days. I can't suggest for Nabq as I haven't been there but I would suggest shopping around.

You don't give the dates or how long. Would this be Christmas? Have you checked online?

Swansea, United...
Destination Expert
for Sharm El Sheikh
reviews: 28
3. Re: single traveller

Sue, I've never been fortunate enough to get a good quality hotel for as little as a £100 extra, the least has been £250 and usually a lot more!!

lincoln
reviews: 5
4. Re: single traveller

no its early december for 1 week - unfortunately its only thomson and first choice that use the hotel so cannot book hotel directly with somebody else. will see if hotel email me back.

Its actually cheaper to book two people flights and double room and one of them not go !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Re: single traveller

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:16 pm, December 16, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Nabq Bay