We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather in January and February

Which Otavalo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Colorado
reviews: 12
weather in January and February

How warm does it get in January and February in Otavalo. I already know it gets cold at night!

CHARLOTTE
reviews: 90
1. Re: weather in January and February

Temps vary very little, maybe a degree or so during the rainy season. I have been several times to Ec. Otavalo is cool at night but in the daytime it can get into the 75 or so range. There is not much humidity, but remember the temps in Ec. vary with the altitude. You will sleep under a blanket in Quito and in the entire mountain range, perhaps several at 9 to 10 thousand elevation. I like cold weather so I am not cold. I always take along a light jacket to wear at night.

Suggest you have a breakfast or dinner at Hotel Ali Shungu owned by Americans but the staff is Ecuadorian. Walking distance to market in the center of twon. Very clean, good. Take sun screen because of the altitude. Best regards, Frank in Charlotte-slug6111@carolina.rr.com

2. Re: weather in January and February

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 pm, September 19, 2009