We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Renting a Car in Guayaquil

Which Guayaquil hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Huntsville AL
reviews: 20
Renting a Car in Guayaquil

My husband and I, along with my 17 yr old son, are arriving in Guayaquil on a Saturday early afternoon, and will be renting a car for our drive to Salinas. We have rented in other countries, Costa Rica -that was an adventure - and have driven many scary roads with NO signage (!) and with even scarier drivers, so we are ready to drive in EC.

My question is this: once we leave the airport, is there a safer /more direct route to take to get out of the city, without having to go through 'bad areas?" We are ok with no signs, if someone can give us (updated) landmarks that would be so helpful!

What route would you recommend?

Thank you,

Tami

Guayaquil
reviews: 62
1. Re: Renting a Car in Guayaquil

Well the road to Salinas is in pretty good condition now, one thing is true, there is no signage at all. After you leave the airport you should head to "Los Ceibos" go trough "Urdesa" neighborhood which is a little longer than the fastest route which is the "Perimetral" road but is much safer. Once you are in the main road of "Los Ceibos" you should keep driving ahead in that big street passing the toll booth and then you will see the signage of Salinas.

2. Re: Renting a Car in Guayaquil

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:19 pm, October 02, 2012