We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Zadar Airport to Trogir - bus, taxi, hire car ??

Which Trogir hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
renfrewshire
Zadar Airport to Trogir - bus, taxi, hire car ??

Can anyone advise me the best / cheapest / fastest option of travelling from zadar airport to trogir.

We are arriving this wednesday evening and were hoping to travel by bus.

But we cant find a service to get there.

I have heard it may take over 3 hours if we do find a service!

And taxis would cost about 150 euros.

And hire cars at least 60 euros for 1 day.

Any suggestions/advise welcomed.

solingen
1. Re: Zadar Airport to Trogir - bus, taxi, hire car ??

What time you are arriving?

Western Ireland...
reviews: 110
2. Re: Zadar Airport to Trogir - bus, taxi, hire car ??

cheapest will be bus from Zadar airport to Zadar & bus from there to Trogir.

renfrewshire
3. Re: Zadar Airport to Trogir - bus, taxi, hire car ??

Hopefully arriving before 8pm.

renfrewshire
4. Re: Zadar Airport to Trogir - bus, taxi, hire car ??

Thanks for replies. Apartment agent is trying to get us to use there transfer service but asking a ridiculous amount. And wants us at thier office to pick up keys. They say bus will take 3-4 hours!! All going pear shaped AND expensive.

London, United...
5. Re: Zadar Airport to Trogir - bus, taxi, hire car ??

As advised by MicDev, bus is cheap and you will arrive in plenty of time to catch the last one. The journey time from Zadar to Trogir, is roughly 2.5 hours. You could hire a car for 3 days for the price of the transfer.

renfrewshire
6. Re: Zadar Airport to Trogir - bus, taxi, hire car ??

Thanks Jackie.

So its a toss up between a quick jump into Zadar catch a bus to trogir and get our keys before the agent leaves the office and were sleeping on the beach. Or get a hire car at the start of our holiday for 3 days. Not the part we would have liked to get a car but think time is against us by bus. Not a great start, and we havent even left Scotland yet. :)

Thanks

7. Re: Zadar Airport to Trogir - bus, taxi, hire car ??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:01 am, July 20, 2010
renfrewshire
8. Re: Zadar Airport to Trogir - bus, taxi, hire car ??

Cheers for all your help and advice Jackie.

Think we shall just have to get a decently priced car till the weekend.

And make the most of the car, run around familiarise ourselves with the area, get the shopping in from a supermarket etc. Oh and try and find a parking spot, on a near pedestrian island, good choice coming back to bite me now. :)

Thanks, Martin

Edinburgh, United...
9. Re: Zadar Airport to Trogir - bus, taxi, hire car ??

Thanks everyone.

Managed to arrive in Zadar Airport early enough to catch a bus to Zadar city bus station. cost about 3 pounds.

Then caught a bus to Trogir. Took about 2 and a half hours and cost 10 pounds.

The property agent stayed in to give us the keys but hammered us with a late fee.

What a wonderful and stunning time warp of an island.

A photographers dream, so I was well happy.

Same journey on the way back, but pickup at midday.

So it way very very hot and the bus was stuffed, I was standing in the stairwell for an hour. Not ideal. Not the way for a family ok for younger travellers or backpackers. So, yes id do it that way again.

Hopefully next time, we will have the availability of a flight to Split next time.

Minutes away, just walk to the main road and get a bus to Trogir.

Martin

donegal
10. Re: Zadar Airport to Trogir - bus, taxi, hire car ??

Does anyone know of last bus time from Zadar Airport to Trogir?

We are arriving roughly 9pm on 1st of September and wonder if there will even be a bus there at that time? Any information on this matter would be greatly appreciated as i've been looking for a timetable and cannot seem to find one anywhere :)

Get answers to your questions about Trogir