We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hen do in Croatia 2013

Which Rovinj hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Hen do in Croatia 2013

Hi - My sister is getting married next August and I'm planning a hen-do in Croatia for a week next Summer. It won't be a typical crazy hen-do, I think she wants sea, sun, good food and some bars but nothing like a strip anywhere. I've been googling for a while now and good reviews seem to be coming from Rovinj, Istria...

Does anyone know anything more about this? Alternatively we could go to one of the islands but I know nothing about them!

It would be 9 of us renting a villa, so would need to involve boat trips etc.

Any help would be appreciated!

Dubrovnik, Croatia
1. Re: Hen do in Croatia 2013

Rovinj info: …blogspot.com/2012/06/rovinj-tourist-informa…

Rovinj video: …blogspot.com/2012/06/trogir-for-tourist-vid…

Atlanta
reviews: 7
2. Re: Hen do in Croatia 2013

Wedding, Rovinj, August. That does not sound like success.

Try somewhere else. But in August, there will be hordes of people everywhere, hot as hell .... I mean - if that's someone I know - I would not go to that wedding.

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
reviews: 22
3. Re: Hen do in Croatia 2013

It's not a wedding Tvrtko! I think Rovinj would be ok but I would also look at flying into Split and heading to an island such as Hvar or Brac. Or fly into Split and head down the coast to the Makarska Riviera....but there are so many other choices that would work!

Manchester, United...
reviews: 3
4. Re: Hen do in Croatia 2013

Yep Hvar sounds your best bet. It's got that quite exclusive party atmosphere without being tacky.

Manchester, United...
reviews: 3
5. Re: Hen do in Croatia 2013

Yep Hvar island sounds like your best bet - less families and just the right amount of exclusive party atmosphere.

Zagreb, Croatia
reviews: 22
6. Re: Hen do in Croatia 2013

Hvar (the town), definitely! You'll be ably to party if you feel like, but also you'll find some not so crowded beaches on Pakleni islands, just accross the town.

7. Re: Hen do in Croatia 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 3:35 am, September 07, 2012
London, United...
reviews: 6
8. Re: Hen do in Croatia 2013

Hi Olivia, why not try Porec? Beautiful costal area with nice bars and fine restaurants - certainly not tacky and not a stripper in sight (unless you head to the nudist beaches).

If you need any help with restaurants and bars, please let me know as I spend almost 6 months of the year there; family and friends of all ages come back year after year as there's certainly something for everyone. Very cosmopolitan and perfect for your hen week :)

Carol

9. Re: Hen do in Croatia 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:47 am, December 19, 2012
Dubrovnik, Croatia
10. Re: Hen do in Croatia 2013

Why not Dubrovnik?It's the most romantic city with with so many possibilities for fun etc.

Get answers to your questions about Rovinj