We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Triete to Motovun to Rovinj

Which Porec hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Trumbull...
reviews: 76
Triete to Motovun to Rovinj

I am traveling from Tieste Italy to Rovinj stopping at Motovun. If I have a couple of hours to spare, should I detour to Porec or go straight Rovinj. I am only staying 2 nights in Rovinj.

UK
Destination Expert
for Istria, Rovinj, Pula
reviews: 3
1. Re: Triete to Motovun to Rovinj

With only 2 nights I would definitely go straight to Rovinj.

Trumbull...
2. Re: Triete to Motovun to Rovinj

Thanks

I thought so. Can you tell me any "must see" sights in Rovinj and surrounding areas. From there we are going to Plitvicka Jezera and don't have to be there until dinner. We will see the park the next day.

UK
Destination Expert
for Istria, Rovinj, Pula
reviews: 3
3. Re: Triete to Motovun to Rovinj

I think you could spend a full day exploring Rovinj especially stari grad with its warren of steep higgeldy piggeldy streets up to the top when you come accross the church of St Euphemia. There is much to see in this delightful town. You could take a trip to Fazana (interesting fishing village) and pick up the boat to Brijuni Island National Park. Boat takes 15-20 minutes. Go to Pula (largest town in Istria) with a well preserved Roman amphitheatre overlooking the marina. Just some thoughts.

Trumbull...
4. Re: Triete to Motovun to Rovinj

Thanks for the tips. That sounds like a good plan. Thanks again.

Porec, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Istria, Croatia
reviews: 16
5. Re: Triete to Motovun to Rovinj

Will you have a rental car? If so, there is SO much to explore. My husband and I own a house in Istria and find each time we go there is more and more to discover! If you are into archaeology, there are interesting ruins near Pula called Nesactium. Rovinj is such a lovely place to base at and while small, a gorgeous place to explore with fabulous restaurants, too.

6. Re: Triete to Motovun to Rovinj

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, August 21, 2013