We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Plitivice Lakes to Split

Which Plitvice Lakes National Park hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Hong Kong, China
Plitivice Lakes to Split

Hi,

I am planning to visit Plitvice Lakes National Park at 25Jun2012 with my girlfriend. I am a bit nervous about getting out from there to Split afterwards and go to Hvar Island at 26Jun2012. The following are my plans:

1. Go back to Zagreb at the same day (25th) with the bus at around 1700 sth and take a overnight train from Zagreb to Split. This is the most secure way i think but will it be too rush to visit Plitvice Lakes?

2. Take taxi waiting there after finishing my trip at Plitvice. Would it be easy to find some others to share my taxi fares?

3. Take the bus at around 2300 sth from Plitvice to Split arriving at 0545 (According to Autobusni kolodvor). This way is quite ideal but the only concern is if the bus will stop and have seats of 2 for us...

Please help...

Hong Kong, China
11. Re: Plitivice Lakes to Split

Thanks for the information too!

Plymouth, United...
12. Re: Plitivice Lakes to Split

How long would it take to drive from Split to Plitivice Lakes, I am heading over to Croatia in Sept time and am thinking of hiring a car in split to get to the lakes and back again. Unless someone has a better idea ? thanks

San Diego...
reviews: 8
13. Re: Plitivice Lakes to Split

Why not drive? I just did day trip to lakes and drove from lakes to split all in the evening- no problem

Plymouth, United...
14. Re: Plitivice Lakes to Split

many thanks. can anyone recommend anywhere to stay in plitvice near the lakes as may stay over and spend an extra day there.

Kingston upon...
Destination Expert
for Rovinj, Istria, Croatia
reviews: 27
15. Re: Plitivice Lakes to Split

I have never stayed overnight at Plitvive because my family live near Rovinj. Have a look at www.rakovica.hr and www.plitvice-lakes-apartments.com

16. Re: Plitivice Lakes to Split

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:42 pm, June 18, 2013