We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 week itinerary - please help!

Which Hvar hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
london
reviews: 3
2 week itinerary - please help!

Hi there

i am going to Croatia Dalmatia Coast for 2 weeks and wanted to hear peoples thoughts on my itinerary. There will be 2 of us, 30 year olds and we like beaches, sightseeing, food and a bit of nightlife/bars etc!

Dubrovnik - 2 days

- maybe a day trip to Mijet?

- then travel to Korcula.

to get to Korcula from Dubrovnik - i can see there are only 4 ferries per week but different sites say different things, or every day get the bus at 3pm from Bus Station. are there any other ways to get there or does anyone know the correct ferry times and companies? or I saw on G&V line that a ferry leaves Dubrovnik at 9am and gets to Korcula at 11.15am. does this get booked up?

Day 3)

stay in Korcula for 1 night

Day 4)

travel to Hvar for 10 nights

day trips to other islands such as Vis, Brac etc…

are ferries regular from Korkula to Hvar? which are the best/most frequent ferries? how ofter do they leave? which companies operate them? how long in advance can you book them?

Day 14)

travel to Split stay for 2 days and 1 night

i look forward to hearing your thoughts and any tips/suggestions you may have.

many thanks

CA

7 replies to this topic
Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
reviews: 22
1. Re: 2 week itinerary - please help!

If only in Dubrovnik for two nights then enjoy Dubrovnik and don't take day trips out of there. In terms of Korcula why not spend a couple nights there and one less in Hvar. I always hate going to a place for one night as you get there late and leave the next day and don't even get to enjoy what that place has. I think nine nights on Hvar will be just as good as ten!

2. Re: 2 week itinerary - please help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:21 pm, September 16, 2013

Brighton, England
Destination Expert
for Trogir, Ciovo Island
reviews: 38
3. Re: 2 week itinerary - please help!

You are also surcharged if you stay less than 3 nights in the high season. I'd use the G&V line to get to Korcula rather than a bus if possible. If you are in Korcula Town going to Hvar Town you need to use the catamaran which leaves Korcula Town at 06:00 every day arriving in Hvar Town at 07:50. www.jadrolinija.hr/pdfs/9608.ljeto.e.pdf

You can buy the tickets the day before.

You will need to check out day trips from Hvar Town as you won't be able to use the regular catamarans from Hvar Town to Vis or Brac without an overnight stay.

If you planning on staying in Hvar Town in July or August then I suggest that you need to book it now as you are late in doing this.

london
4. Re: 2 week itinerary - please help!

Thanks for all the help and advice everyone! Everything booked apart from hvar - everywhere reasonable price seems to be booked up. Will just keep looking but if anyone has any hotels/b and b's/places they know or guest houses etc please let me know!

Many thanks

reviews: 146
5. Re: 2 week itinerary - please help!

You don't indicate when you are going...if July or August I would caution on so much time if staying in Hvar Town...it will be wall to wall people and all night parties. If that is appealing then you will love it...if not 10 nights is really a long time. I would definitely allow 2 nights for Korcula with as much time as you have. We had 4 nights in Dubrovnik and enjoyed it...then up to Korcula 2 nights and on to Hvar for 4 which was more than enough then Split for 2. Hvar and "reasonable prices" for July and August are not usually said in the same sentence. It is one expensive place and they jack everything up for those months. If you are going Sept. that is different. Hvar is a beautiful island but 10 nights is really a long stay...but everyone likes different things and a different pace.

6. Re: 2 week itinerary - please help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:21 pm, September 16, 2013

london
7. Re: 2 week itinerary - please help!

excellent thank you for your comments - looking forward to going!

Reply to: 2 week itinerary - please help!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted