We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather

Which Hvar hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
reviews: 13
weather

Can anyone living in Hvar tell me the current weather situation as I am seeing different things on different weather sites, very conflicting

thanks all

Hvar
reviews: 6
1. Re: weather

Cloudy -- occasionally rainy -- temperature 12/22 -- a bit of wind from south-west

Waiting a storm for tomorrowand rain for the next 2 days

Tipycal for spring time

London, United...
2. Re: weather

thank you :-( praying for a heatwave next week lol

Hvar
reviews: 6
3. Re: weather

Update : still raining in Hvar and temperature going down :(((((

Even some snow in the main land

slobodnadalmacija.hr/Split-%C5%BEupanija/tab…

Frigiliana, Spain
reviews: 94
4. Re: weather

Has the weather ever been this bad at this time of year. will be out the begining of june.some forecasts say its gonna get better then. but talk about depressing when you are coming out from the uk aswell!!! . It seems to have been poor for weeks. and ive been ill so wasnt sure id even make it out. 2 weeks of cold and rain will just about finish me off!!!!

Edited: 12:21 pm, May 26, 2013
Dubrovnik, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik, Zadar, Croatia
reviews: 11
5. Re: weather

The weather has almost never been this bad and unlike Lupe says, this is NOT typical! It is quite cold and we have rain every day.... even snow on mountain peaks. Last week of May was always nice and summer like. Not this year...

Sarajevo, Bosnia...
reviews: 21
6. Re: weather

Sorry but have to agree with all above ots never this cold at this time of year. Actualy have the heating on every night and the forecast says rain everyday should get better the first week of June!!

London, United...
7. Re: weather

I hear from someone in Hvar it's been sunny today, and the rain has been short lived, I hope this is right, LG123 I agree how depressing to leave the long winter we have had to go to rain would be a bit depressing! fingers crossed something changes, I'm due to leave Wednesday but considering changing flights to a couple of weeks later...what to do!!!!

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Zadar
reviews: 2
8. Re: weather

It's not just Croatia. I have been lurking on the Italian forum and it has been really cold there aswell. Apparently, it has been the coldest and wettest spring in Italy for a long time. Hopefully, it won’t be like that next year.

Frigiliana, Spain
reviews: 94
9. Re: weather

tell me about it claire. are you getting your flight wednesday? how do you change it? ive been wanting to visit hvar/split etc for years but never was able to manage it. now this year we have finally planned it as due to retirement etc if we dont go now we prob never will. we are away at the end of august aswell so needed abit of space inbetween so couldnt really look at going to hvar in the peak season. but we thought the begining of june would be ok. ive done so much planning to the point of getting ill. working out all the places we want to visit spend a day on a gorgeous beach and swim in the clear water.spending hours on street view looking at all the lovely places buying summer clothes looking forward to taking beautiful pictures with blue sky back drops and then as may went on the weather just hasnt seemed to improve at all. it seems to have been grey and not very warm all month.everytime you look on the webcam its grey and wet. its like been at home and thats bad enough. maybe its me as everytime we go to croatia we seem to have a good few days of cold and wet weather. both times we have been before was early to mid september so you would still expect decent weather then aswell.

all of europe does seem to have been the same. it doesnt seem that warm anywhere except down in greece and southern spain but even there it isnt as you would normally expect. the forecasts do seem to pick up on a few of the weather sites ive looked on (about 7 lol). but some of the temps vary so much where you dont know what to pack some are around 20 degrees and some in the high 20's

Edited: 5:07 am, May 28, 2013
Birmingham, United...
reviews: 22
10. Re: weather

The weather is hit and miss, some sunny patches and also some rain. It gets cold at night and with most resteraunts having mainly outdoor eating, bring a coat! We took the catamaran from split Sunday, the sea swell triggered of a chain reaction amongst passengers, lets just say the little bags were given out very quickly.......took a day to recover.

Hvar is a beautiful place and worth the visit though, one thing I would do is hire a car in split and use the ferry to stari grad, cars are 450-500,kunas a day with 3rd party insurance.

Get answers to your questions about Hvar