We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Female Traveller From Hvar

Which Hvar hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
Female Traveller From Hvar

Hi

I'm planning to go to Hvar with friends but leave a day earlier and its very rare that I travel on my own. Has any other ladies taken the journey from Hvar to split on their own and how did you find it.

Split, Croatia
1. Re: Female Traveller From Hvar

Going alone or with a bunch of friends is the same...you just have to get to Hvar or Starigrad, buy a ticket, embark the ferry or catamaran, kill some time with a good book, and in 2 hours you'll be in Split :)

Brighton, England
Destination Expert
for Trogir, Ciovo Island
reviews: 38
2. Re: Female Traveller From Hvar

this is one of the least scary journeys you could do on your own. You will either be getting the catamaran from Hvar Town or the ferry from Stari Grad as Goran says. Buy ticket - get on board. The only thing I would say is that it may help if you have quite easily carried luggage for ease of movement. In Split you will get the airport bus which goes from very close to the dock where the catamarans land and a little further from the ferry. You will probably have done all this on your arrival anyway.

If you have time to look around Split then you might want to store your luggage - quite a few places by the bus station (opposite the port) do this. Or you may just wish to sit at a seat with an ice cream or at a cafe on the riva in front of the Palace. Other than people trying to offer you rooms when you get off the boats you won't be hassled (I have had women try to sell me lace tablecloths on the riva before but this is not aggressive hard-sell tactics).

Embrace the experience and enjoy your own personal Croatian adventure!

3. Re: Female Traveller From Hvar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, January 13, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Hvar