We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

No replies from guest houses / B&B in Hvar??

Which Hvar hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
reviews: 5
No replies from guest houses / B&B in Hvar??

Hi there,

Can anyone tell me if there's any issues with recieving email on Hvar or if the residents are just laid back?!?!

I've fired off emails to about 5 different guest houses and havent had a reply from any in the last week?

Am I missing something??

Thanks

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
reviews: 22
1. Re: No replies from guest houses / B&B in Hvar??

I would guess we are in low season and therefore people aren't checking their emails as often. Keep trying.

Rijeka
reviews: 1
2. Re: No replies from guest houses / B&B in Hvar??

Hybernation...big time.

Go through list of local agencies.For you - no price difference.Possible higher reply rate.

Edited: 3:53 pm, November 01, 2011
Jelsa, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Hvar
3. Re: No replies from guest houses / B&B in Hvar??

People are picking olives and tangerines, just be patient.

London
4. Re: No replies from guest houses / B&B in Hvar??

Thanks for all your replies, It;s just a little frustrating as i have now sent roughly 15 emails to different places (some agencies who clame to get bck in 24 hrs) and not one response.

I've planned a majority of my trip and just have to confirm places to stay in a few places that i'd really like to stay at and then i can relax and start looking forward to the holiday next year!!

I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best!

idaho
Destination Expert
for Sun Valley, Ketchum, Beach Vacations, Idaho
reviews: 288
5. Re: No replies from guest houses / B&B in Hvar??

if ;you are interested in using an agency that will get you an answer today, send me a pm and i will give you the address.

Adelaide
reviews: 7
6. Re: No replies from guest houses / B&B in Hvar??

It's the same on Korcula..........................don't they want the business??

I've tried emailing Korsal Hotel on Korcula using both their email and online contact but have not had a response?? Yes, it's very frustrating, I can sympathise with you!

Msida, Malta
reviews: 3
7. Re: No replies from guest houses / B&B in Hvar??

The majority of hotels in Korcula are now closed for the season - I assume that someone will check the enquiries now and then over the winter so I suggest you just wait for a reply

Make sure that all enquiries for Hvar and Korcula are not to local agencies in the towns as they are closed also over the season

Happy planning !

8. Re: No replies from guest houses / B&B in Hvar??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, November 07, 2012