We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is the easiest, quickest route from Dubrovnik to Hvar

Which Hvar hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ireland
reviews: 3
What is the easiest, quickest route from Dubrovnik to Hvar

Hiya,

I'm travelling from Dubrovnik to Hvar on Friday 2nd of Sept. I see there are regular buses from Dubrovnik to Split and then boats from Split to Hvar. I'm going to Hvar Town.

Is this the easiest route? Can I get a ferry or another bus. The Jadrolinja website is a bit confusing and the journey seems long.

Please help!!

Dublin , Ireland
1. Re: What is the easiest, quickest route from Dubrovnik to Hvar

Travelled the same route last year - took the bus from Dubrovnik to Split. Thr bus station is right beside the ferry port and there is a ticket office where you can buy your ferry ticket. I would recommend that you take the Jadrolinja catamaran to Hvar Town. Journey takes only about 50mins. Alternatively you can take the ferry which goes to Starigrad and then take the bus to Hvar town - but this is a much longer option. Beware - the catamaran will not operate if the sea is too rough - got caught out last year trying to get back from Hvar town to Split on the catamaran, ended up having to go to Starigrad to get the ferry back to Split as the weather was too bad for the catamaran to sail.

Ireland
reviews: 3
2. Re: What is the easiest, quickest route from Dubrovnik to Hvar

Thanks a million!