We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Off Season Ferries

Which Hvar hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Atlanta
reviews: 1
Off Season Ferries

I am trying to plan my trip to Croatia and I'm having a problem working in Hvar and Korcula due to the off season ferries. It looks like I would have to stay on each island two or three days -of which I cannot do. I must be looking at the ferry schedule wrong. I can go with or without my car. Please help!

Ely, Minnesota
Destination Expert
for Dubrovnik
reviews: 22
1. Re: Off Season Ferries

If the ferries dont run from Hvar to Korcula on the days you are looking for, then just take the ferry back to Split and drive down the coast to Korcula. It might take awhile to drive that distance, but in my opinion it would be worth it!

Msida, Malta
reviews: 3
2. Re: Off Season Ferries

There is a catamaran leaving Hvar every day for Korcula also the same ferry leaves Korcula every day stopping at Hvar then going on to Split - here is the timetable for off season :-

http://korcula.net/grad/pitanja/krilo.htm

Have a good trip !

Atlanta
reviews: 1
3. Re: Off Season Ferries

Thank you, thank you for your help. Ideally I would like to go from Split to Hvar to Korcula then Dubrovnik. Maybe there will also be a catamaran from Korcula to Dubronik (or Orebic). I guess in October tourism slows down quite a bit. Again, thanks for all of your suggestions.

Msida, Malta
reviews: 3
4. Re: Off Season Ferries

Depending on which day you travel from Korcula to Dubrovnik there may be a ferry - there is one on Tuesdays and Saturdays leaving Korcula for Dubrovnik at 113.00 (Tuesday) and 11.30 (Saturday). There is also a daily service to Orebic with passenger boat but not on Sundays.

You can also take bus from Korcula to Dubrovnik leaving at 6.45 every morning or try a local company called Korkyra - they operate a mini bus service to and from Dubrovnik/Korcula. They collect you from where you are staying in Korcula and take you to whereever you wish to be in Dubrovnik. You have to pre-book this service and you can e-mal the owner who is called Vlado on :-

info@korkyra.info

You must make arrangements with them a few days before you wish to travel so either contact them by e-maol before you leave or if you are in Korcula for more than 3 days then go into their office in Korcula once you arrive here. Vlado is very helpful and he will assist all he can.

Have a good trip !

5. Re: Off Season Ferries

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:20 pm, September 25, 2009