We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

End of September

Which Cavtat hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Basildon, United...
reviews: 33
End of September

Me and my husband are thinking of visiting end of September, our first visit to Croatia,could someone tell me the weather conditions this time of year,also are many of the restaurants closing down,have we picked the right time to go? Thank you.

Clear Lake Iowa USA
reviews: 49
1. Re: End of September

We went the middle of Sept. last year. The weather was perfect, the water was perfect and still warm for swimming. All the restaurants were open then, and it was great sitting at the restaurants and people watching and looking out at the sea. There were lots of yachts to watch coming in also.

It was warmer than usual in Sept. last year though, I think. But we are going back next year again in the middle of Sept. when there arent the crowds. I think the end of Sept. would still be beautiful.

Winnipeg, Canada
reviews: 10
2. Re: End of September

We just visited in late April/early May. We too had warmer than usual weather so it was beautiful. The sea was a little cold for swimming in but our plan was to tour rather than have a beach vacation. Maybe in September it may still be warm.

We loved travelling in off season - little crowds, easy to get into restaurants, on buses, etc, etc. We found lot's of restaurants open wherever we visted (Cavtat, Dubrovnik, Korcula, Hvar, Split and Trogir).

We also found tours companies offered tours and day excursions, even though it was off season, maybe just not as often as they would run in the high season.

I'm not sure where you're travelling to but the ferry don't necessarily run as often as they do in high season. We used Katamaran's for our travel to the islands - they ran daily. We used the bus and water taxi to get between Cavtat and Dubrovnik - it too ran a number of time every day.

idaho
Destination Expert
for Sun Valley, Ketchum, Beach Vacations, Idaho
reviews: 306
3. Re: End of September

we were there in sept and the weather was glorious...everything was open, and the crowds were almost gone!!

Basildon, United...
reviews: 33
4. Re: End of September

Just what I wanted to hear Charley,Thank you all so much for your replies very helpful.

United Kingdom
reviews: 2
5. Re: End of September

We are going 28th Sept for a week and wondering the same as you about how the weather will be and if everything will still be open. We are going for a chill week not touring around what about you?

Dubrovnik, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Cavtat, Dubrovnik, Kotor
6. Re: End of September

everything will be open, weather is usually perfect - warm days and a bit cooler nights for better sleep :)

See still warm to swim, no crowds - perfect time to visit Cavtat ;)

United Kingdom
reviews: 2
7. Re: End of September

Thank you Toon29. Will it be sunbathing weather on the beach?

Dubrovnik, Croatia
Destination Expert
for Cavtat, Dubrovnik, Kotor
8. Re: End of September

why not, that`s the best time, no crowds and not too hot, but sea still warm

Guildford, United...
reviews: 10
9. Re: End of September

We lived there year round. Its incredibly, unbearably hot from late June through to end of August and then it begins to cool. By late September, its still very nice and you can still swim in the sea etc. Usually the weather turns cold by the end of October/ early November.

The large numbers of tourists seem to disappear in early September though, and consequently, people start to close their restaurants etc.

idaho
Destination Expert
for Sun Valley, Ketchum, Beach Vacations, Idaho
reviews: 306
10. Re: End of September

we sunbathed on vis , brac and the small beach, way south of old town dubrovnik. ALL the restaurants were open at the end of sept...

Get answers to your questions about Cavtat
Recent Conversations