We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jiuzhaigou & Huanglong - both ?

Which Jiuzhaigou County hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Tel Aviv, Israel
Jiuzhaigou & Huanglong - both ?

Hello all,

Did anyone visit both Jiuzhaigou and Huanglong and/or familiar with them, and can tell me whether the trip to Huanglong is worthwhile after seeing Jiuzhaigou ?

How long would be sufficient for Huanglong ?

Please note I'm on a time frame, therefore a trip to Huanglong would be instead of Chengdu area (Qingcheng or Chengdu city and area).

3 replies to this topic
Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for Zhuhai, Macau
reviews: 147
1. Re: Jiuzhaigou & Huanglong - both ?

Huanglong is definitely worth a vist. Minimum of 4 -5 hours required. Convenient if you are flying in/out of Jiuzhaigou as the airport is half way between the two & taxi/charter vehicles/mini buses will conveniently fit HL in on your arrival or departure day. JZG needs a minimum of 2 days/3N IMO, but if you only have 2 days/2N total, then I think 1 each would be worthwhile as HL is very different from JZG.

Tel Aviv, Israel
2. Re: Jiuzhaigou & Huanglong - both ?

Thank you !

Chengdu, China
3. Re: Jiuzhaigou & Huanglong - both ?

There is very little water in Huanglong from Dec to April unless you want to see snow mountain around,otherwise don't go there at that time,and it usually unaccessable in Winter.

For people from the tropic area,they will be exciting to play snow in Huanglong,but for my personal view it's not necessary to see Huanglong after Jiuzhaigou,I would much prefer the huge grassland on the way to Ruoergai,why not see something different in the 2 days.

Reply to: Jiuzhaigou & Huanglong - both ?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted