We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jiu Zhai Gou

Which Jiuzhaigou County hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne
reviews: 3
Jiu Zhai Gou

Hi, first time to Jiu Zhai Gou. Will be departing from Chengdu - are guided tours required? Which hotels are closest to the park? And how many days is required for JZG and Huanglong?

Also we are arriving on 14th of Nov, is that too late and too cold?

I am also a bit confused which airport is the one that belongs to JZG - Jiu Long or Huang Long?

Many thanks!

Edited: 7:36 am, September 28, 2011
Singapore
reviews: 3
21. Re: Jiu Zhai Gou

I made the trip from ChengDu to JiuZHaiGou on Sept 15. I spent 2 nights at the Sheraton and explored the park over 2 days. Flights into JiuZHai Airport are often delayed by bad weather. The airport is 3,500 metres above sea-level and surrounded by mountain peaks, the single runway is quite short; not the easiest airport to land in. Our flight going in was delayed by bad weather, the flight coming out was delayed and subsequently our flight from ChengDu to Shanghai was delayed because the plane was late coming in from JiuZhai. If I were to go again, I would consider going by taxi instead of flying; the roads have been improved and widen. I was told that the road route is very scenic.

Airport to The Sheraton is a good 2 hour taxi ride. The Sheraton is a 5 min taxi ride to JiuZhaiGou Park entrance. HuangLong is a 3 hour taxi ride from the Sheraton. HuangLong is a 1.5 hour taxi ride from JiuZhai airport. If you fly into JiuZhai, I don't recommend making the track up HuangLong immediately after landing, your chances of getting hit by altitude sickness is pretty high. Spent some time at JiuZhaiGou, give your body a chance to acclimatise before going up HuangLong. Personally, I found JiuZhaiGou to be spectacular but HuangLong to be a huge let-down. If you are short on time consider skipping HuangLong.

San Jose, California
reviews: 51
22. Re: Jiu Zhai Gou

I have to disagree with EdTan about Huanglong. Huanglong is quite magnificent. Its scenery is different from Jiuzhaigou, which makes it an interesting place to visit.

Jiuzhaigou is in a remote part of China, if you are going to take the trouble of getting all the way there, it is definitly worth planning an extra day to visit Huanglong as well.

You should plan to spend 2 days to visit Jiuzhaigou, and one day for Huanglong.

23. Re: Jiu Zhai Gou

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:16 am, October 24, 2012