We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Homewood Suites Exit 247 - any opinions? nice? safe?

Which Birmingham hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Nashville, Tennessee
reviews: 14
Homewood Suites Exit 247 - any opinions? nice? safe?

Homewood Suites by Hilton Birmingham-SW-Riverchase-Galleria

Thinking about staying here (can use my points and this is one of the only places that I have found with suites still available).

Have heard the next exit south (exit 246) is nice. Is this exit (exit 247) the same?

Is the mall an area you want to be so close to?

Anyone stayed here recently? Did you like it? Any negatives?

Welcome any opinions.

Thanks

Mobile
reviews: 21
1. Re: Homewood Suites Exit 247 - any opinions? nice? safe?

That's Valleydale Road. It's a fine area. Not as much going on at that exit as the one to the south as far as dining establishments and such. But it's an easy area for driving so you can go where you need to. All the Hoover and Pelham areas are relatively safe.

Nashville, Tennessee
2. Re: Homewood Suites Exit 247 - any opinions? nice? safe?

Thanks, that was kind of the impression I got, but I just wanted to make sure. You never know when you can go just a street or exit over and end up somewhere you don't want to be.

All we are really going to do is sleep there, and the suites have full kitchens, so I'm not looking for lots nearby, just enough beds for us all to fit in.

I'm loving these Birmingham hotel prices. Can easily afford a suite at less than what I'd pay for a standard room in Nashville. Maybe I'll have to plan a second trip.

Millbrook, Alabama
Destination Expert
for Birmingham
reviews: 3
3. Re: Homewood Suites Exit 247 - any opinions? nice? safe?

The actual location of the hotel is not at the exit, but rather in a corporate office park. That is not a bad thing. Just wanted you to know that it is not right at the exit. You are very close to Hwy 31 where there are lots of options for shopping and food. The Galleria is about a mile or two north on Hwy 31. If you are here during the week, be prepared for heavy, heavy traffic in the mornings, mid-day and from about 4-6.

Nashville, Tennessee
4. Re: Homewood Suites Exit 247 - any opinions? nice? safe?

That's what I noticed when I looked it up on the map - that it was a ways North of where Pelham was marked and a little North of the 247 exit, so I wasn't sure if the actual location of the hotel was farther North than I wanted to be safety-wise. Everyone always says stay south.

I was just having trouble finding somewhere with a separate living-room and bedroom. I would really like a two bedroom suite if I could find one, but haven't seen that offered anywhere in the Pelham area.

Alabama
reviews: 5
5. Re: Homewood Suites Exit 247 - any opinions? nice? safe?

Never stayed at the hotel, but I agree with previous posters...the area is safe! Its always good to use points for a stay! :)

6. Re: Homewood Suites Exit 247 - any opinions? nice? safe?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:41 pm, June 22, 2013