We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

shopping

Which Birmingham hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Atlanta, Georgia
reviews: 27
shopping

I've never been to Birmingham, but I was wondering if there is cool stores or streets to check out. I know about the malls, but I'm looking for off beat kind of stores. I'll be staying near the zoo (is that area safe?). Thanks!

Alabama
reviews: 5
1. Re: shopping

The area near the Zoo is safe! Right there by the zoo/botanical gardens is Mtn. Brook Village. It, along with nearby English Village and Crestline Village would be a great, safe place to shop. The Villages are very walkable and have many boutiqe clothing, specialty, and antiques shops, etc. Be sure to grab a delicious limeade from the Gilchrist soda fountain in Mtn. Brook Village! Chez LuLu in English is a great lunch spot!

Birmingham, AL
reviews: 21
2. Re: shopping

Agree completely. Also the downtown Homewood area is good strolling/shopping. Also close to where you are. These areas are perfect for unique, individually owned shops. Even if you has asked that question and were staying on another side of town, we would probably make same suggestions.

Have fun,

Miller

Atlanta, Georgia
reviews: 27
3. Re: shopping

Thank you!

Birmingham, Alabama
Destination Expert
for Birmingham
reviews: 3
4. Re: shopping

Also check out the Five Points South area. There are some interesting shops there, too. My wife and I used to love going in McNolia's when we lived closer to the area.

5. Re: shopping

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:16 pm, October 22, 2012