We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

event venue

Which Birmingham hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Birmingham, AL
reviews: 21
event venue

I am helping someone look for an event venue, and there is a place I cannot find.

About 5 or so years ago I was a guest at a wedding at a big brick mansion somewhere in West Homewood. I am pretty sure there was a golf course, but I remember very scenic. I want to say it was Oxmoor Valley, but I have googled everything I can think of and cannot find this event site.

Anyone have a clue?

Thanks,

Miller

Alabama
reviews: 3
1. Re: event venue

Would it be the Carraway-Davie House on Old Overton Road?

Birmingham, AL
2. Re: event venue

Nope that's not it. I am familiar with the Caraway Davie House. Very pretty!

Bu this place is in Homewood, by a golf course.

Any ideas? I still can't find it.

Miller

Alabama
reviews: 3
3. Re: event venue

Sorry I don't know of any golf courses in Homewood. I believe the closest golf course is in Vestavia (Vestavia Country Club).

I e-mail a friend who is a wedding planner in the Ham and she sent the following list of venues of most commonly used places for weddings.

Birmingham Museum of Art, Vestavia Country Club, B& A Warehouse, Old Overton Club, The Sonnet House, Ross Bridge, Greystone Country Club, The Marriot 280, The Sheraton, Rucker Place, Hoover Country Club, Aldridge Gardens, Workplay, Riverchase Country Club, The Wynfrey

I know some are hotels but I included them anyway.

Birmingham, AL
4. Re: event venue

Oh, no...there is a beautiful RTJ in Homewood...Oxmoor Valley.

It's just that there is this SPECIFIC place I attended an event at a few years ago that I cannot find for all my searching.

It is possible it was the clubhouse, but I don't think so. It may have been sold and that is why I cannot find any info.

I think I will call the golf course and see if they have any clues.

I will say, though, that was a great post because if the handy list you provided for other readers.

Thanks,

Miller

5. Re: event venue

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:23 am, October 20, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Birmingham