We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

YANGSHUO with 11 & 10 year old boys.

Which Yangshuo County hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
woonona
reviews: 1
YANGSHUO with 11 & 10 year old boys.

We are going to Yangshuo in September. We were going to go to Club Med in Guilin for 5 nights, but now I am thinking of spending our time in Yangshou, is there plenty to do with our boys? I also love the idea of the rice terraces but they seem to be a long way away, how hard and long is the treck to see them? Any advice would be great. Thanks

6 replies to this topic
chengdu
reviews: 19
1. Re: YANGSHUO with 11 & 10 year old boys.

Do you mean Longji rice terrace? It is 4 hours driving from Yangshuo. But you can see the paddy field in Yangshuo and you don't have to walk. You can rent a bike or catch the golf car from Yangshuo town to the field. They also provide chirldren's bike. If you have any more questions, you can email me at victor_kaca@hotmail.com

woonona
2. Re: YANGSHUO with 11 & 10 year old boys.

Hi, yes I do mean the Longji rice terrace. I didn't realise how far away it was. What are paddy fields in Yangshou like? Thanks for your advice.

Magog, Canada
reviews: 549
3. Re: YANGSHUO with 11 & 10 year old boys.

Rent bikes and within five minutes you'll be out of town riding through the rice fields.

Guilin
4. Re: YANGSHUO with 11 & 10 year old boys.

The Longji rice terraces are located along the mountain slope, different from the yangshuo rice paddy fields. Longji with nearly ripe rice plants looks nice in September and deserves a day tour if time permits.

woonona
5. Re: YANGSHUO with 11 & 10 year old boys.

Do you have to hike to see them? I am not sure about my boys hiking for ages.

Cedar Falls, Iowa
reviews: 26
6. Re: YANGSHUO with 11 & 10 year old boys.

Yangshuo is perfect for kids. The Yangshuo mountain retreat is right on the river, we stayed there and our boys were thrilled. Good restaurant, games, kids around, garden outside to play, bikes to rent and wander the back roads encountering chickens, water buffalo, etc, it's a very nice low key relaxing place. Caves to tour which are hilariously over the top, bamboo rafting. I'd take Yangshuo over Guilin any day.

Reply to: YANGSHUO with 11 & 10 year old boys.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted